Chapter Thirteen - Together

A/N: You, the person reading this part. You're amazing, because you're not what everyone sees on the outside. You're the many lives you've influenced, the many ideas you've set unknowingly, each and every time you've been there for a person when you were feeling low.
You are beauty, and pain, and an incredible piece of art that does NOT have to look beautiful on the outside, but it makes others feel something on the inside.
You, my friend, are you.
And that's the best you can ever be.

Enjoy this part, and have a lovely day.
______________________

"Bright morning, isn't it?" Hermione said, while pouring huge amounts of porridge into her bowl.

Harry and Ginny sat next to each other, opposite to Ron and Hermione. On the other side of Hermione was Fred, beside whom sat George and Angelina. On the other side of Ginny there was Neville. Everyone was having breakfast together. The ceiling was reflecting a very bright sun today, for which everyone was very grateful.

Hermione noticed that all of them smiled except Ron, who had not touched his pancakes at all.

"Are you okay, Ron?" she asked tentatively.

Ron did not reply. Hermione looked at him and then looked at Harry, who looked away pointedly.

"What's up, Harry?" she asked pointedly.

"Breakfast," Harry mumbled, stuffing bacon into his mouth.

Hermione turned to Ginny to give her a 'can you believe this' look, and was surprised to find that she was not meeting her eyes either.

Harry, Ron and Ginny had something going on that she was not aware of, and she wanted to find out.
_________________________

"Oi, Harry!" Hermione whispered to Harry in Charms class as she moved closer to him, and Ron moved away to practice spells with Neville. Ron wouldn't even look at her. "What was happening at the breakfast table today?"

"What?" Harry pretended to not hear.

"You know exactly what I am talking about, Harry Potter. Now, you may be 'The Boy Who Lived', but I assure you that you will not live long if you don't tell me what's going on."

Instead of being threatened and telling Hermione everything, Harry actually smiled. "It's good to see the Fred affect rubbing off on you. I never thought I'd ever see a laid-back, joking Hermione."

Hermione turned pink. "No, it's not Fred," she muttered inaudibly.

"Well, you didn't defend yourself and say 'I'm not laid back,' like you normally do," Harry said cheerfully and went back to his Binding Charms.

Hermione tried to talk to Harry again, but he ignored her the entire class.
_________________________

"Ginny!" Hermione yelled as she walked through the hole into the Common Room. "Look here, will you?"

"Hello." Ginny smiled. "Why are you so hurried?"

"I actually wanted to talk to you."

"Oh? Are you alright?"

"Something was going on in the Great Hall today, and no one is willing to tell me what it is," Hermione said quickly.

"Oh." Ginny tilted her head to one side. "That."

"Is it something that I have done?" To Ron? Hermione thought silently.

"Um," Ginny said. "I have to leave."

"What?"

"Quidditch," Ginny muttered hastily and left the Common Room. Hermione stared at her disappearing profile.