Chapter 30

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER Alex stood in front of a tombstone, holding Maxine's hand. He was staring at the ground, scratching the back of his head. He had a bandage wrapped around it after the final showdown with Mayor Madden. He remembered only a few memories about what happened after the elevator had crashed.

After the crash everything had gone black. Alex remembered that he would flash in and out of consciousness. One of things he remembered seeing was Leo, Catherine, Heath and Carlos rushing to break them out of the elevator which was stuck in the ground. Most of the images were blurry to Alex but one image that stayed in his head was the image of Colton's head bleeding an unhealthy amount and Mitchell unconscious losing more blood than he could afford. He remembered being pulled out by Catherine while Leo and Carlos grabbed Mitchell and Heath took Colton out of the elevator.

Alex shook his head, shaking away the memories and looked up at the tombstone. He could feel himself becoming emotional and Maxine squeezed his hand. Alex used his free hand to wipe his eyes and he sniffled as he looked around the cemetery.

"I'm sorry I let this happen. It's not what I thought would go down. You shouldn't have died man. I could've stopped him somehow... if I just acted quicker or maybe was smarter. At least now your at peace, even though you'd probably be here. We did it though, that's what matters. They're all defeated." Alex said as he went back to staring at the headstone. "Rest in peace bro."

Alex covered his eyes with his free hand as Maxine rubbed his back. Alex heard someone approaching from behind him and quickly wiped away the tears that were forming. He blinked a few times and acted like he was fine as the person stood behind him and Maxine.

"Let's get the hell out of here kid." the person said. Alex turned around to see Mitchell with crutches in between his arms. Alex nodded at him and looked at the tombstones around the one he was talking to.

Catherine stood up from looking at Alexander Well's tombstone, leaving a rose on it. Leo stood up from Jesse's and Lil Mikey's and bumped his chest, kissing his fist, and giving the tombstones a peace sign. Alex then looked over at Colton, who as well had a bandage wrapped around his head. He was a mess as he sat in front of Lance's grave and couldn't keep himself together.

"It'll be fine. He'll get back to us when he's ready." Mitchell said. Alex nodded and everyone began to walk to their car where Carlos, Heath, and Sarah were waiting. The group got into the car and left the cemetery.

Colton stood up from the grave and wiped his nose as he walked to his own private car that was parked outside the cemetery. He got in and began to drive to where the bigger houses were in Los Santos. He drove slowly and finally pulled up outside one of the houses and the gates inside opened for him. He drove his car in and parked it in the driveway. Colton got out and walked up a marble path that led to the front door of the house. He raised his fist to knock but the door swung open. Colton looked down and saw a little kid standing there.

"Uncle Colton!" the kid screamed. A woman jogged over to the door and told her son to go and play. She stepped outside of the house and closed the door slightly.

"Did you ever find him?" she asked Colton. Colton stared at the ground and started to shake his head.

"Lily... I'm sorry." Colton said. He looked up to see Lance's wife began to cry as she placed both hands on her face. Colton brought her in for a hug and she began to cry uncontrollably into his shoulder.

* * *

THREE MONTHS LATER Alex was walking around his new house. It was bright and early in the morning and he had just gotten out of bed. The reason he had a new house was because Mitchell was able to buy him one at a cheap price that was closer to everyone and not on the opposite end of town.