The End

"Hello Sherlock." Kairi whispered softly, shaking slightly while looking up at the shadow of the young detective standing by her psychiatrist. He stepped forward, nodding to Dr. Sherman and he turned back to her, a faint smile on his lips that reached his eyes. As usual, he dressed in his full suit and coat.

"I'll be going then," Dr. Sherman smiled, "Kairi, Sherlock." He nodded, then added, "Remember contact me about sessions."

"Of course." They replied in unison and Dr. Sherman smiled, nodding and making his exit.

Kairi looked at Sherlock quizzically. It surprised her and it didn't, to hear that Sherlock would be doing sessions - granted what they went through was definitely classified as huge physical and psychological trauma, then again, Sherlock was Sherlock, you never could tell. For the past week she had been in and out of consciousness, exhausted and deranged, leaving her unstable and weepy and refusing visitors. She was adamant about keeping Sherlock away. At first she didn't know how she would react to him, but it all felt like static in her brain. She glared at him, "You got shot, how the hell are you out of here before me?"

When he got closer, clearing his throat and standing at his full height, Kairi noticed he winced slightly. His skin was pale and a little clammy. "I checked myself out." Kairi looked down, enjoying the sound of his voice as it caressed her ears, fingering her sheet as Sherlock sat by her bedside, stiff and unmoving.

Kairi frowned, "I wanted to do that and Molly said she'd do a live autopsy on me if I tried."

He chuckled slightly, "Yes, John knows better than to threaten me. There's very little that scares me." His voiced cracked while finished the sentence. He cleared his throat and refocused, "I have been diligently avoiding Molly for fear of her doting."

Kairi sighed out a small, shaky laugh, feeling anxiety bubble in her chest. She wanted so badly for him to hold her, she wanted to kiss him and hug him and have wild passionate sex on every surface known to human kind, but at the same time she felt so fragile, so afraid. She wasn't sure she'd let anyone touch her like that ever again. She cleared her throat, trying to push back tears, because she desperately wanted the comfort of Sherlock's touch, "You've been busy, says Sherman..."

Sherlock nodded, adjusting in his seat and she watched his cheek twitch, grinding his teeth as if in pain. She frowned at him, wanting to reach out and comfort him, but she stopped herself. "Yes, I've been... making arrangements." He finally replied, his tone vague and unimportant.

Kairi frowned again, looking up and watching him avoid her gaze. "For?"

He slouched slightly, a pensive look as he stared down at her bandaged hand. "Do you still love me?"

Kairi's eyes went wide and she sputtered, "Sherlock I'm on so many drugs, did you just ask me if I still love you?"

His eyes flickered to hers nervously and he placed a finger to his lips. "Yes. I did. If your judgement is clouded I can return another day."

Kairi frowned and shook her head, placing a hand to the bridge of her nose in confusion, not annoyance, "No, no that's not it. I mean - maybe - but no - I don't want you to leave. It's great to see you. A part of me has really missed you."

At this, Sherlock leaned forward and tentatively reached out for Kairi, her heart beat monitor started beeping frantically so he began to retreat until Kairi's hand shot out and grabbed his.

He froze while she sat there, gripping his hand with her eyes forced shut, breathing deeply while she shook and fought off her tears, the room echoed with the rapid beeping of her monitoring machine. She opened her eyes, looking sad and exhausted and frantic, her heart beat gradually slowing down.