Chapter 24

Kairi stirred, her body was incredibly warm and she felt relaxed, if still a bit sore and tired. It took her a moment to register that there was an arm draped over her side, curled up slightly so the hand rested on one of her breasts. She looked down and laughed in a surprised manner, turning slightly in the arms of Sherlock Holmes, whose eyes were still shut, even though she knew he was now awake.

"Comfortable are we?" She muttered sleepily as she shifted her body against him, his hand fell away from its perch and he let out a disappointed groan.

"You cannot place blame on me when its my body's natural inclination to touch you." He grumbled, his eyes still closed.

Kairi chuckled, nestling in his arms and scooting closer to him, resting her head beneath his chin. "Still such a man." She sighed and kissed his chest. He hmph'd at her and pulled her a little closer.

"We should get up." He muttered, his hand trailing along her spine slowly and Kairi smiled at the sensation.

Kairi nodded, completely ignoring his statement, "Yeah we totally should." She felt a soft chuckle in his chest, his hand finding its way to the back of her head tentatively, to play with her hair. Kairi was sure that if she looked up at him in this moment, he'd looked most perturbed. Maybe if she started to let him play with her hair while thinking, he'd stop smoking all of her cigarettes.

"Mycroft will be arriving later. He has information on your case." Sherlock said absently and Kairi shot up, staring at him in shock.

"Mycroft is coming here?" She looked terrified. Sherlock only nodded, confused at her reaction, "Oh my god, he'll know!" She almost shrieked.

Sherlock frowned, "Of our sexual relationship? He most likely already does." His hand rested on her side, making lazy circles with his fingertips, cataloguing the sensation and the effects of touching her skin.

Kairi glared at him and slapped at his hand, "God damnit, I wont have any privacy ever again, will I?"

He rose an eyebrow and smirked, "Not likely."

She groaned and got out of the bed, much to Sherlock's dismay, and he watched her naked body, the muscles moving beneath her skin as she speedily walked around her room picking up their clothes which were strewn about. "I'm going to shower, I suggest you do as well. I don't believe smelling like sex is a good idea with my boss coming over." She was speaking rather frantically now, "Oh dear god, I need to air this place out, it smells like sex!"

Sherlock sat up, "There's not really a point to hide it from him." He whipped the blankets off of him and stood to follow Kairi as she ran into the bathroom with all of their clothes in a heap in her arms. "Why does it bother you so much that he will be able to tell? Are you-," He gulped back the nervousness in his voice, "Ashamed?"

Kairi turned back quickly, looking at Sherlock in shock. "No!" She felt horrendously guilty, staring at the naked man standing in her bathroom doorway trying to hide his concern. She dropped the clothes and ran over to him and wrapped her arms around him, standing stiffly with his arms at his sides, "No I'm sorry. Its not that at all. Just, personal and professional life are blending into one another and I was hoping to keep them separate. In most normal circumstances, you don't want your boss knowing about what happens in your bedroom."

Sherlock pulled away from her and placed his hands on her shoulders gently, a wry smile on his lips, "You're engaging in sexual intercourse with your boss's brother, that notion is highly ignorant. Especially because of Mycroft's expertise in reading people."

She glared at him, "Shut up." She huffed and poked him in the stomach, making her way over to turn her shower on. "Are you going to shower here? Or do you want to go get new clothes?"