Chapter 15

"Are you all right?" Sherlock asked, his hands were on her back, holding her rather closely, protectively.

Kairi stared up at him, completely dumbfounded. The utter realization that she was hallucinating Sherlock Holmes after she just witnessed her mother's breakdown only solidified that she belonged in the institution surrounding her. Her hands were against his chest, pressing up against the soft material of his black suit. She fingered the clothing for a moment, trying to process what was actually happening. It was all too much. Especially when she realized that Sherlock, was in fact, real.

Kairi pushed him away, wiping at her eyes angrily, "Why are you even here?" She growled smoothing out her clothing.

"I came -," Sherlock paused for a moment, seeming to go blank on what he was about to say as he stared at her almost sheepishly. He cleared his throat and started over, "I came to offer my assistance." He held out a small white towel.

Kairi glared at him a little more vehemently, more angry at herself for the happiness she felt that Sherlock was there with her. She pulled the towel from his hands harshly and began to wipe away the blood that was staining her arms. She was dabbing at the small crescent-shaped wounds in her arms when Lestrade and John came running around the corner. They barely stopped behind Sherlock with enough space to keep from knocking him down. Kairi stared at all three men, mouth agape and was speechless. They were here. They were going to help her.

Someone cleared their throat behind Kairi and she turned, eyeing her sister who was standing there with red, leaking eyes and a quizzical look to hide her sadness

"Kairi," Heather said apprehensively, "What is happening?"

Kairi was still relatively speechless. The commotion behind her, leading into the room that once contained a semblance her mother had died down. The orderlies made their way out after restraining Kairi's mom and Dr. David followed shortly after checking all of her vitals.

Everyone was standing in silence staring at each other with the most confused looks on their faces as David pulled the door shut with a loud click - well, everyone except Sherlock who was simply staring at Kairi. She glared at him again just for good measure. She was supposed to be mad at him.

"Ah, Inspector Lestrade," David said, once he had finished writing down some figures on a chart. He handed it to a nearby nurse. Kairi turned to look at him and then back at Lestrade who shuffled nervously, "Dr. Watson and Mr. Holmes, I didn't expect you to be back today." Kairi outright glared at John and Sherlock, who chose to avoid her stares.

"Be back?" Kairi muttered, angry and confused. "As in again?" She looked at John who had a sort of sheen to his eyes that you'd see from a deer staring into oncoming traffic.

"Yes Doctor, we had a few more questions we wanted to ask you, though it seems that we've come at a bad time." Lestrade finished, looking unbearably uncomfortable.

"Bad time!?" Kairi squeaked out. Sherlock seemed to smirk at her playfully and she shot him a look that practically burned with hatred.

"Right," David said walking up to stand next to Kairi who was now seething, "Well, Kairi and Heather, this is an investigative unit from Scotland Yard, it seems their case has some information that might pertain to your mother's." He brought out a handkerchief and began to help Kairi clean off her arms, "Are you all right? Do you want me to get a nurse?" Kairi just shook her head.

"Oh." Heather looked at all the men again.

"Yes, I know." Kairi sighed, slowly getting her rage under control. "What in the hell are you guys doing here? You're supposed to be thousands of miles away!"