Chapter 38

"Levy,... they're-" I'm so nervous, I cut him off before he can finish the sentence. .

"Tell me, Gajeel!" I feel fresh tears start rolling down my cheeks. My heart is beating so rapidly, it feels like it could explode. My body is aching and I can hardly move. All I can think about is how something must have gone wrong

"They're perfect, Levy. Look." Gajeel puts his hand on top of mine and gives it a light squeeze. He looks behind him, to the bed he had slept in, last night. There are two sleeping babies curled up together, wrapped in a blanket. I don't think they realize that they're not inside me anymore. "It's a pair of perfect, little shrimps. A boy and a girl. Porlyusica and Wendy looked them over and made sure that everything was alright. Everything is just fine."

This time it's tears of joy that run down my face. I wipe them away with the back of my hand and tell Gajeel, "We still have to pick out names, you know."

Gajeel smiles at me and says, "Whatever you want. I'm sure I'll love it." I smile back at him. Then, I look back at my children.

"Tetsu Levi, for the boy, and Mizumi Metalicana, for the girl," I answer. Gajeel chuckles to himself and looks at our little babies.

"Iron and Lake, huh? I guess that means you love me," Gajeel teases. I laugh and smile wider. When I look back the twins, they've started to squirm around a little, making a bit of noise. "I'd bet they're hungry. Need help sitting up?" I shake my head and push myself into a slightly propped position. It's uncomfortable, but it's only for a little while.

Gajeel hands me the twins, one at a time, after he manages to get my shirt up. Both of them start to eat, immediately. I smile and start crying again. He puts his hand on the back of my neck and leans in to touch his forehead to mine. We laugh and he wipes away my tears.

"Thank you, Gajeel," I whisper. "Thank you so much." He chuckles.

"You're the reason I'm here, Shrimp. Without you, I don't know how long I would've stuck around. I never would have had anything like this," Gajeel responds. He chuckles, again. "Now come here." I giggle at him and lean in to kiss him. Careful of the twins, Gajeel leans in and kisses me, softly. I muddle through the pain in my stomach and pelvis.

I groan, "Gajeel, why do I-" I adjust Mizumi and place my hand on the lower part of my stomach and feel it. A long bandage that's been placed over me. I trace my fingers to the bottom across it and feel and line that extends the width of my body. I can feel the stitches that are holding my body together.

"You passed out, before Mizumi was born. They had to..." Gajeel sighs and hangs his head with his elbows on his knees. If my arm wasn't preoccupied with Tetsu, I would have put my hand on his shoulder.

Gajeel

I feel like shit when she finds out what they did to her. She didn't have a choice. But if we hadn't cut her open, Mizumi could have died. I couldn't lose my child, so while Wendy and Porlyusica put extra effort into their spell and instructed me on the procedure, I performed the surgery.

"It's ok, Gajeel. A scar can't ruin this for us. Our children are both healthy and I will be fine in just a matter of weeks," Levy says.

"Heh. Always lookin' on the bright side. Just another reason to love you," I respond. I look down at the twins. I rub my daughter's head. "And I'll always love you, too. Both of you are the greatest surprises of my life; A couple of miracles." Levy smiles and kisses their heads.

"You know, I think she has your eyes," states Levy, looking at our daughter. The little girl yawn, detaching herself from her mother, and falls asleep. Levy hands her to me. I'm a bit nervous, but I cradle her in my arm, as Mira had showed me. She's so tiny and so perfect. I love her so much. I love my son. I'm going to love being a dad. And I love Levy for giving it all to me.

Three years later

"Happy Birthday, Tetsu and Mizumi!" Fairy Tail shouts as a (child friendly) party has begun. The twins are sitting in booster chairs next to me and Levy, enjoying their cake. Erza was happy to make it, having returned with Jellal, and feeling disappointed that she had missed their first two birthdays.

After cake, all of the kids go play. Natsu and Lucy had a little girl, Nashi, a couple years ago. Gray and Juvia had a boy, not long after. His name is Silver. Alzac and Bisca had a little boy who turned five a few months ago and another who is only a few months. Mira, or guild master, and Wendy offer to entertain them. That left Laxus holding their year old son. When he broke the news to Freed that Mira and he we're getting married, Freed took it pretty well. He knew Laxus wasn't gay and even brought a date to the wedding. I think he's dating some guy from Quatro Cerberus. He's kind of quiet and likes reading a lot. That's why Freed likes him.

Levy and I watch them from across the room, taking a few pictures. After a while, Wendy has Romeo show them some of his magic. He uses a cold fire that he's been working on, making sure to keep the kids safe. He says the word 'fire' and Mizumi starts to copy him. She likes new words, just like her mother, and talks a lot when we're at home.

The thing is, after she said that, she sneezed. Now, that wouldn't have been so bad, if she hadn't, also, nearly hit Romeo with a flaming piece of metal that she spit at him. I walk over and pick up the projectile. Then, Makarov walks over to inspect her type of magic. Already, he sees the makings of an Iron Dragon Slayer. One with special abilities that can be based in other elements.

I cry out in joy and we all start to celebrate, again. We know that the guild is going to keep going, for years to come. These kids are the next generation of wizards, in Magnolia. They're going to have their own adventures and get into more trouble than the council ever had with us. But that's not my story to tell. For now, I'm going to keep my story here, with Levy. We're going to keep writing our story, together.