Chapter 31

Porlyusica has me explain what has happened. While she is strick, she is also a very caring woman. I explain, in as little detail as possible, what has happened. She nods, deep in thought, trying to determine how to treat, or at least aid me.

          "Yes... and how long ago did this happen? I need to know if I'd even be able to sense the child," Porlyusica states, blandly.

          "It was almost a week ago, ma'am." The old woman shakes her head, frowning.

          "I'm sorry. There is nothing that I can do for you, now. There is no way I would be able to tell, this early. I suggest you come back in a few weeks. I'll say six. For now, I suggest you go home and rest," says Porlyusica. I nod.  This wasn't the answer I was hoping for. I stand and walk towards the door. "And, before you go, here. It's a special blend of herbs and teas. It will help you relax. Goodbye, Miss McGarden." I walk back to town and right into my room at Fairy Hills. I set the bag of tea on the counter, not wanting to make any at the moment.

          I sit on the couch and put a hand on my stomach. I wanted so badly to find out, today, if it was Gajeel's. I want is to be his, so much. I sigh. Then, my phone rings, I take it out if my pocket and answer.

          "Hey, Shrimp. Where are ya? I thought we were going to do some... what was that word again?" Gajeel asks.

          "I'm in my room and the word you're looking for is domestic planning. I know that the three of us- you, me and Lily- could easily live in the apartment, but what about when we have a child? It might get a bit cramped," I remind. I hear Gajeel laugh a little, but it's not really a good time. I'm kind of depressed at the moment. 

          "Don't worry, Lev. I know all about that. I'm on my way over. I need to talk to you about something." I say that I'll meet him by the gates and we hang up, after Gajeel tells me he loves me. I groan and put the phone back in my pocket. I make my way out to the gate and let my fiancé drape his arm over my shoulders. It feels nice to be held against him. It almost feels like it used to. But it's not. It's just not the same.

          We walk in silence for a long time. "So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" He looks at me for a second and smiles.

           "You'll see it when we get there," says Gajeel. Well that's not very helpful. We continue walking. We've passed the guild hall and my favorite bookstore. We also pass the library, Lu's apartment, and a park. We've been all over town and I'm getting a bit tired. After a few more blocks, we stop in front of this house, near the edge of town closest to all of my favorite places.

          "Here we are, Shrimp," Gajeel announces. I admire the house and yard. It's a two story cottage with a red roof and tan walls. The grass and bushes at green and we'll maintained. It's amazing, but I don't know why we're here.

          "It's great and all, Gajeel, but what exactly is 'here?'" I ask. A smirk crosses Gajeel's face and he crosses his arms to look all tough.

          "It's a house. It's for living in. I was thinking about getting it for us. I've been saving up for it and wanted to ask you, before I made a decision. We can take a look inside, if you want." I nod, smiling.

          Gajeel knocks on the door and an older woman opens the door. She greets us with a warm smile and welcomes us in. She says her name is Bree. She wants to sell the house so that she can move to Crocus and be with her son. She's a very sweet person.

          She shows us around the house and tells us a few stories about things that happened here. I hope that, someday, I can have as many memories. Have stories like about the time Gajeel and I first kissed or our first mission or when he came to same me.

          "So, what do ya think?" Bree and Gajeel look at me, expectantly. I smile and look between them.

          "It's perfect, Gajeel. I think we can make a start here," I respond. His smile widens and he hugs me tightly, picking me up off my feet. I laugh and blush like crazy. Bree laughs at our behavior. She and Gajeel shake hands and he gives her the money. She offers us cookies to take home. Gajeel and I both take one and we walk home. This trip really improved my mood. With a warm chocolate chip cookie in hand, Gajeel and I say our goodbyes to Bree and walk back to the guildhall. We grab a table with Lucy, Natsu, and the Exceeds. I tell Lucy the news. She's very happy for us. Apparently Natsu has already moved in with her. 

          The Exceeds are all going to be living with Wendy, soon. We would love for Lily to live with us, but he insists on giving us space. He will still be Gajeel's cat, that could never change, but he realizes that Gajeel is starting a family. It's time for him to move out.