Chapter 30

1 week later

          It's been nearly a week since our battle with Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail is getting back to normal. A few people had tearful reunions when they got home and some where crying when we left the field. Gajeel and I were the last to leave. We had a few things to talk about.

Rewind

          Wendy is tending to our wounds while we sit on a cot, holding hands. Gajeel is slowly running his thumb over my knuckles. I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. It's all over and we'll be returning home, soon. But... there is still one thing bothering me. Gajeel doesn't know that I think I'm pregnant.

          When Wendy is done, I ask her to take a walk with me. After looking over the thing in crowd of wizards that are heading back to Magnolia, she agrees. "Alright, Levy. What's going on?" At first, I'm nervous to tell her, but she's growing up and isn't a child anymore.

          "Well,...," I explain, "I think I'm pregnant, but, if I'm not yet, I might be and I need to know if it's Gajeel's." Wendy frowns. She knows that this is a difficult situation. She's afraid to make the wrong call.

          "The only way I think you would be able to find out is from Porlyusica. She's the strongest healer I know. I'm sure that she'd be able to help you." I nod and thank her and we walk back to the others. I sit back down next to Gajeel and hold onto his arm. We watch as the rest of the guild packs up and leaves. After some time, we leave too. Gajeel and I walk back to his apartment.

          "I thought I was going to lose you," say Gajeel, as we walk through the forest. "I put you in danger and I'm the reason this happened."

          "It isn't your fault, though. Jose is to blame. He would have done anything to sway you, no matter where you were or who you were with. You and I just happened to be caught up in his vendetta, again." Gajeel flinches and stops walking. His hands turn to fists.

          "He told you?" the Dragon Slayer asks. "He told you about what I did? What I did to you?" I frown at him. He has this grimace on his face that I know isn't physical pain. Or maybe the memory hurts him worse than the physical wounds that have been inflicted.

          "He did," I begin. He growls at my answer. "He told me about that night. It's going on twelve years since that day, you know. Gajeel... don't blame yourself for what happened. You were a child and he was manipulating you. You couldn't have known." His hands relax a little, but his grimace is still as strong as it was before. I take the few steps between us and close the gap. I hug him. He's none to keen to hug me back, but with a little more reassuring, he concedes. I smile up at him. That manages to break his scowl. 

          When we get to Gajeel's, I immediately change into some clean clothes that I left here, some time ago. Then, I sit on the couch and sigh. Gajeel changes after me. I'm very sore. I almost fall asleep, but Gajeel interrupts me, tapping on the knee and saying, "Shrimp? Can I ask you something?" I sit up, intent on listening. "Well, I want to give you something, too. I was going to plan this out and be all romantic and mushy, but I realized that things are not going to be the same. I want to do this now. I want to know if you'd like to get married." He holds out a little iron ring. It's beautiful. I can see the craftsmanship. 

          "Did you make this Gajeel?" I ask. He smirks at me and says he did. "It's amazing, Gajeel. Of course I'll marry you. I love you." We both kind of slide across the couch. He slides the ring onto my finger. I smile, admiring it. It fits perfectly. I kiss him. He kisses me back. he tries to sneak a hand under my shirt, but, I push it away. Neither of us are in any shape to be fooling around at a time like this. 

Present day

          After some time of sitting at the guildhall, I excuse myself from Luce and Erza. I have to go talk to Porlyusica. I decided to wait until my body had healed and I was sure that I was with child. The amount of puke in the toilet this morning was proof enough for me. I walk through the forest until I come across the old healer's home. I knock and walk in when she responds.

          "Miss Porlyusica?" I call. I see her rummaging through a cabinet for something, uninterested in my visit.

          "What do you want? I'm very busy and I haven't a tolerance for those who waste my time," the healer warns. She pulls out a strange flask of blue liquid and swirls it around. I'm not sure I even want to ask what is in it.

          "I'm here, because I'm scared. I'm afraid I might be pregnant," I explain, "and I'm afraid that I won't know who the father is. You see, I was kidnapped and these two men..." My words fall away from me as I nearly start to cry. The memory of that night still haunts me, much like the memory of my first encounter with Gajeel had. But, before I can explain more, Porlyusica puts a hand on my shoulder.

          "Alright, Levy. I'll see what I can do." I smile and nod, thanking her. She has me sit on a bench that has been covered with a large, deep red cushion.