Chapter 13

Have you ever put a coin in your mouth and just let it sit there? Do you know that metallic taste? That's what it's like to kiss Gajeel Redfox. Except for the obvious differences. A coin isn't moist, hot, and writhing. A coin doesn't stimulate your senses when it touches your lips. A coin has a price.

          Gajeel and I dance for a while longer, and kiss a bit, before he walks me home. I leave the radio on the counter and change into a pair of shorts and a tank top. Then, we walk back across town and the empty streets to Gajeel's house.

          His apartment is large with a big living room, a kitchen, a nice bathroom, and a bedroom. It takes up the entire floor. He has an expensive looking tv and a big couch. There's a few books around on shelves and coffee table. Even the one from the library. It has a bookmark in it.

          "You're actually reading it?" Gajeel looks up from digging for a clean shirt. He has this weird smirk on his face as he nods once. I giggle a little at his embarrassment.

          "Yeah. So far, I think I like that Gaston, guy. I know he's supposedto be bad, but I think he's cool. And that Belle. Reminds me of another adventurous bookworm. Except, she doesn't have blue hair." I can feel my face brighten with rouge as I let out a small laugh.

          "Yeah. Wonder who that counld be?" I say, sarcasticly.

          I keep looking around and, in the bedroom, there's the hoard of metal scraps in a pile, which is pure Gajeel. Of course, there had to be at least one mess in the apartment and, of course, it has to be Gajeel's.

          "Wanna watch a movie?" Gajeel asks, setting himself down in front of large shelf full of cases.

          "Well, Gajeel, it seems kind of late, but why not." Patherlily walks out of the kitchen with a half finished kiwi. "By the way, where- oh, Levy. Why are you here this late?"

          "Gajeel was helping me with my radio. Then, thought we could go over the job requests he's thinking about." I try to be casual about the lie, like Gajeel has been, but I can't seem to be able to do it. Lily shrugs and throws away his kiwi rind.

          Gajeel pulls a case off the shelf with a grin. He plsces the disk in his player and starts it up, then, wanders to the kitchen. I sit on the couch with Pantherlily in my lap. We can hear Gajeel popping corn in the other room.

           "You want butter, Shrimp?" Gajeel hollars. I yell a yes back at him and he falls on the couch a few minutes later. He pushes the play button and the movie flickers to life.

          I recognize the movie as Jurassic Park. I've seen it quite a few times. My favorite part is when the t-rex attacks for the first time. I also adore how the girls get to be amazing, strong, and smart heros.

          It's very late and I'm tired from earlier. My eyes start to droop as I lean against Gajeel. He hangs his arm on the top of the couch and pushes a spotted blanket over my bunched legs. I snuggle into his t-shirt, breathing in the foresty scent of his. It's like pine trees and colored leaves and concrete petrichor, after the rain.

          Slowly, but surely, my eyes flutter shut and I'm out for the rest of the night.

Gajeel

          I could tell by the way she nuzzled me that she was crashing. I toss the blanket Pantherlily keeps on the couch over her legs and she takes a deep breath, before falling asleep to the sounds of the thunder as the jeeps come to a halt.

          Laughing, I say under my breath, "That's my Shrimp. Falling asleep during the best part." I give a great yawn and munch on more popcorn. (666 word mark. lol.)

          I know I can't miss the t-rex beating the shit out of the jeeps, but, now that Shrimp's out, I'm starting to feel tired myself. I yawn again. I figure I'll rest my eyes quick and watch the rest of the movie. I shut them aaand I'm out.

Pantherlily

          I'm sitting between Levy and Gajeel who have promptly fallen asleep. The thunder on the tv spooks me, then, the t-rex attacks and I am completely done.

          "Gajeel, w-wake up! L-levy, please hold me!" They didn't wake up. I struggle with the remote and jam the stop button. Seeing as how it's nearly three, I shut off the television and VCR. I take the popcorn from Gajeel and cover the two in the blanket that had been over Levy's legs.

          "They would be a good couple. If only Gajeel could man up and ask her." I can't wait to see Gajeel's recation to this, tomorrow morning.

          I pull on soft, blue pants and curl up in my bed. I keep thinking that I can hear things outside the window. I hear the tree rustle and what sounds like two guys. I know it's real, now.

          Waiting, listening, and ready to strike, I listen to the two to figure out what they're looking for. The say things like 'Boss is gonna kill us if we don't get 'er soon.", "Whadder they doin'?", and "We should get 'er now." The other hushes him and I don't hear anything else.

          Two thumps and hurried footsteps tell me they have left. Shaken by my encounter, I lock all entrances and cover the windows. I'm going to have a serious chat with Gajeel, tomorrow morning.