Chapter 25

(Trigger warning for this chapter! I made it short, but this was around the time I was working through some repressed sexual trauma and didn't realize that this was how it was coming through.)

          Fairy Tail has gathered at the scene of the crime. They stand back as Dragon Slayers, Gajeel and Natsu, try to pick up Levy's trail. They turn their noses on every which way to find it.

          "Got it. They when this way," Gajeel tells the others as he starts, at a quick pace, into the forest. Here, in the soft dirt, tracking these people is easy. Gajeel takes up point with Natsu, Lucy, Gray, and Erza closest to him.

          "So, what's the plan?" Gray asks. Gajeel looks at him and starts to think.

          "When we have a target, we're going to split up. I need the guild to distract as many of these people as they can, while I find Levy," says Gajeel. "I just hope we she isn't being hurt."

Levy

          "Well, hello, my dear. Glad to see you've finally decided to join us. You know, it wouldn't have been much fun, if you died, just yet," says a man in a sickly sweet tone. My mind is swimming and my eyes are having trouble adjusting to the darkness. I have so many questions, but, mostly, I'm angry.

          "Where am I? Who are you?" I ask, lacing venom on every word. I feel nausea creeping up my throat.

          "Well, you could say that I'm your father in law, but that thick idiot hasn't asked you about that yet," the man tells me. "But, even in his neglect to ask and his instinctual need, I'm going to guess that you two have done a bit more than watch movies on his couch." I clutch my stomach. "He's been watching us. He sent those men from the ally. He sent spies and madmen after me. He even knows a-"

          I quickly turn to my right and throw up, violently, in the floor. I can head him sneer in disgust. I hear his footsteps retreat a small ways. Then I can here, "Congratulations. It'll be a wizard, I'm sure." And it chills me to the bone.

          I sleep for a short time, before someone walks in and cleans up my mess. I try to talk to him, but he's either hypnotized like the men that took me or a really good actor.

          I try to use my magic on him, when I see the key on his belt. I try to form fire, but all I get is nothing. The room is enchanted to cancel my magic.

          When he's done and the room has been thoroughly sanitized, the man walks back in. This time he ignites a series of torches the are hanging on the cave-like walls.

          The man says, "I suppose I should be fair. I know a lot of things about you, Miss McGarden, but you seem to be a bit uneducated as to who I am." He clears his thoat. "My name is Jose and I used to be the master of the most feared dark guild Magnolia had ever seen. Then, Fairy Tail got involved. We both know what happened when that started."

          "You sent a monster after me. Had me crucified to a tree, just to send a message," I spit. Jose chuckles. My eyebrows habitually knit together.

          "A monster... Is that what he told you?" I can here the amusement in Jose's words. "Oh, no. I suppose the child was, back then, but no. I didn't send a moster. I sent my strongest wizard. I sent Gajeel."

          "No... no, no, NO! He wouldn't have. You're lieing!" I scream. I feel tears sting my eyes.

          "Oh, yes he would. I raised him when he was abandoned. I trained him and made him a killer. Why do you think he didn't kill you? Simple. Because he was a child and he was scared. I bet you're regreting a few things, aren't you?" He leaves again, but I hear his say something.

          Two men walk in. They hulk over me, and would pry hulk over Gajeel. They stare at me with anger. There's something familiar about them that makes me shudder.

          "Well, looky here. Looks like we got us our alley cat, after all," the taller one says. He has a large scar over his right eye and has teeth missing. The other is covered in scars and his face was crudely reconstructed. These are the remnants of the men from the alley, all those years ago.

          The next thing I know, they're holding me down and taking advantage of me. They take turns, laughing the whole way. I can't help, but scream for Gajeel.

Gajeel

          It's taken hours, but we finally reach the end of the scent trail. I lead the guild through the forest and into a small feild. On the other side, a castle, smaller than the last, but no doubt built by my old master.

          I snarl and look back at everyone. Most of them look angry still, but their also exhausted and scared.

          "This is the place. At dawn, we take it. I need you to fight, here. Keep their fighters away, while I find Levy. We don't know, exactly, what we're up against, but I believe in us. We're Fairy Tail  and we never give up. Now," I continue, "I hate leaving Levy in there for even one more minute, but we have to rest. Stick to the trees. No fire's or anything easily seen or heard. And... I'd take time to say goodbyes. Just in case."

          The guild makes camp. Gray makes ice domes, Laki makes some wood tents. Some find shelter in the trees. I lay down and watch the castle. A can here muffled things happening. It sounds like some kind of celebrating. There is screaming and laughter. I watch and listen for a couple of hours, until I hear a soft voice say, "Can't sleep?"