Chapter 22

I walk up the familiar stairs, to Gajeel's apartment. I grab the key from under the rug and unlock the door. The lock makes a soft 'click' and I enter the room. I start the hunt for my hair band, shutting the door behind me. I spot in on the old desk, next to the front door. Just as I'm about to grab it, however, I notice Gajeel on the couch.

"I thought you'd already left, Gajeel. Doesn't the council need to speak with you?" I ask. He stands up and walks towards me with a half smirk on his face. He has on black jeans, tie, and combat boots with a disheveled, white button up. The collar is flipped up, but it's hanging away from his neck.

He shakes his head, his expression changing. "Levy... I wasn't called by the council. I was going away, though. Long enough to get over this. Levy you need to leave. I got to the train station and was ready to go, but something pulled me back and I can't fight it." Gajeel is straining against himself.

"What's going on, Gajeel? Why do I need to go? You have to tell me," I urge, standing on my tiptoes and grabbing the sides of his head. His eyes are wild with emotions.

"I can't hurt you. Run..." whispers Gajeel. His eyes turn a deep, blood red, instead of the ruby color. For a moment, he looks like he's in a trance. "~Oh, Levy. It's simply Mating Season. All dragons have it. Natsu. Laxus. Sting. Wendy's just old enough to start feeling it's effects. Even Rouge, if he finds his mate."

"This is why you go off on your own, every year?" I start walking backwards. Gajeel comes swaggering after me.

"We all left, you see. We hide ourselves, away until the mate feels ready. Natsu was the first to act, marking Lucy in their fist season. I am the last to get what I want, even though I was bonding to my mate, first," Gajeel growls. "I have been very patient. Now, I receive my reward." I am pushed against the table with Gajeel looming over me. He grabs me under the butt and sits me on the table.

"But I'm not ready, Gajeel. I said I can't," I tell him. He laughs at me; a deep chuckle.

"Then, tell me why you have a condom," Gajeel huskily whispers in my ear. He flicks his hand up and shows me the small package that Cana slipped into my back pocket. He sets it on the table, under his hand and kisses me. It's deep and loving, passionate and gentle. It's everything that Gajeel and I are.

Gajeel puts an arm under my legs and picks me up, only breaking the kiss to breathe. My back sinks into the soft duvet on Gajeel's bed. A million thoughts are racing through my head. My body feels hot and my stomach is in knots. Gajeel is holding my hips and my hands are gripping the shoulders of his shirt.

Gajeel starts tailing kisses down my neck, until he finds the spot that gives me the most pleasure. That just happens to be right at the base of my neck.

"Hold on. This might kill the mood, a little," mutters Gajeel, but before I can ask, Gajeel clamps his jaws on to the spot on my neck. It hurts, but it feels good at the same time. It feels euphoric, and energizing. Gajeel releases me and starts to plant kisses over his teeth marks.

"Mmm... Gajeel~," I groan. This fuels his fire. Soon, we've made proper use of my first gift from Cana. I learned a bit more about Gajeel. Not only are his eyebrows pierced, but so are his hips and, mhm, 'little dragon;' even though it was anything but little. When we were done, we fell asleep, but, just before dawn, Gajeel starts awake, breathing heavily.

"Is everything ok, Gajeel," I inquire. He nods and tells me he's fine. Just a nightmare. Nothing to worry about. I smile at him and go back to bed. I know that he's lying. He's been have a lot of nightmares. He thinks that they don't wake me up, but they do.

Gajeel

It wasn't nothing. I had another nightmare. Levy is starting to take notice, too. She has woken up for a few of them. She's worried that it has something to do with my stress level or that I'm too angry, but I'm not. Actually, I haven't felt this at peace in many years. Not since I was a boy.

In my dream, Jose was beating for not completing my mission. He had me chained down and on my knees like a broken slave. But that's what I was to him. I was his slave and would do whatever he wanted.

After he was satisfied with my punishment, he dragged Levy into the room, by her hair. She was crying out in pain. She had been beaten, too, but that had been my work. He snapped his fingers, unchained me. He forced me to slit her throat. She pleaded with me, but, with one swift move of my claws, I ripped her throat open and scattered he blood.

I could almost hear Jose laughing, still, when I woke up. I was relieved to see Levy wake up, still alive and undamaged. At least, not from me beating her. She has my mark on her neck, claiming her as mine. That, she knows about. What she doesn't know about is that my piercings broke the rubber.