Chapter 10

Levy

Sunlight spills through the windows, illuminating my room with soft, yellow light. I could have sworn that I fell asleep on the couch while was re-. No. I had fallen asleep on Gajeel's lap after he helped me to shower. He hasn't officially called me his girlfriend, yet, but we've still made out and he's seen me in the nude, twice.

I guess that we need to talk about a few things. I get up and get dressed in my favorite orange sundress and matching headband. I slip into some white flats and search my fridge for a late breakfast. I throw a blueberry bagel into the toaster and make a bowl of cerial.

I grab my warm bagel, lock my door, and head for the guild. After the lack of 'Levy time', I'm afraid Jet and Droy will be clingy and want us to go on a solo job. I'd rather just loaf around the guildhall with the girls.

When I arrive, I'm met with the same bustling friends as always. Gajeel is at the bar, Natsu and Gray are fighting, Erza's scolding them, Cana's downing a barrel, and Nab still hasn't chosen a job. Go figure.

I sit with Lucy and Juvia who are watching the boys. Juvia is cheering for Gray and my blonde buddy is rolling her eyes at the spectacle. She doesn't care for the boys to fight, but knows that only Erza, Master, or Guildarts could stop them.

"Hey, guys," I greet them, cheerfully. They greet me back and I duck to avoid a flying something, courtesy of the brawling trio, now, including Erza. The girls smile and get up. We walk to another table and sit with Cana, Wendy, and the exeeds, away from the ruckus of the fight. We gossip about the various subjects and I tell them about the book.

"So that's why all of your lights were on all night. But, I do have one question," Cana slurs. "Why did I hear two sets of footsteps?" All the girls turn to stare at me. I shrink into myself a little.

"Mr. Gajie visited," taunts Juniper. "He liiiiiiikes her." Crap! I forgot she was at my house last night! I can feel my face and ears heat up. I have never truly wanted to strangle the kitten, until this moment.

"Juniper! Mr. Gajie was not over. You were must have been dreaming. Plus, how would he even get in? He doesn't have a key and the windows are too small," I point out. "And Cana, you were probably drunk off your behind." She shrugs and takes anothet swig from her barrel.

"By the way, Lucy. Natsu stopped by last night. You might be having a small discussion about your heterosexuality. He may or may not think you're a lesbian." Lucy looks at me, stunned. Her jaw moves up and down as she tries to form a sentence. The rest of the girls laugh. That's when, speak of the Devil, Natsu walks over.

"Hey, Luce! Could I talk to you later? Say, eight o'clock?" Natsu asked. He makes a glance at me.

"Sure, N-Natsu," Lucy squeaks.

"Great. See ya then."He grins and struts away. I raise an eyebrow at Lucy and her cherry red face as the other girls snicker. I excuse myself from their laughter and make my way towards Mira.

"The Dragon is at the tower and ready to secure the Princess," I tell her. Her usual smile widens.

"Then, rally the troops. The Nalu Army marches, tonight!" I give her an exaggerated salute and walk around to the girls who are in our 'secret' group. We agree to meet up tonight. That's when Operation: Sakura Tree will begin.

***

Mira is the first to arrive at my house. She has a camera and a pair of binoculars around her neck and is in a camo uniform. I give her a warm smile and invite her in. She offers a small bow and enters. The rest of the girls - Juvia, Wendy, Carla, and Erza- steadily started to show up. It's 7:30.

7:45. Once we are ready to go, we split into groups and stealthily take different routes to our destination. Mira and Juvia, Erza, Wendy, and Carla, and Juniper and me. We all set up road blocks designed to make sure Lucy and Natsu end up at the sakura tree that Natsu sailed down the river.

We meet in the alley nearest to Lucy's. There we wait until Natsu shows up. We pass the time with short conversation. Turns out Mira was giving Juvia some 'advice' about Gray.

"Just ignore him for a few weeks and he'll come running," Mira tells her. "I'd tell you the same thing, Levy, if you and Gajeel weren't already ignoring each other."

"Why aren't you and Gajeel talking? You're on the same team. Did something happen on your last mission?" Erza interjects. They give me the same intrigued look as before and the temperature in my face rises.

"W-Well, you see-" "Mr. Gajie was rude!" Juniper cries out. I feel my face get hotter. The girls break out laughing.

"Juniper, I told you not to discuss it. Not everyone needs to know about my issues," I scold. My exceed gives me a shameful look. I pet her head and she smiles. Crawling under my arm, she curls into a ball and begins to pur. I sigh and return to the conversation at hand.

I explain, "On our last mission I got drunk and we were fooling around and he tried to make a move on me, so I slapped him pretty hard." The girls are quiet, but offer consolidations. We turnback to our stakeout, just as Natsu is arriving. He is wearing a red polo and khaki pants, but he still has his scarf. He even brought a small bouquet of pink and white roses.

More over, he uses the door instead of the window. All of our jaws have dropped. Never has anyone ever seen Natsu this formal with a single person. He would dress up for occasions or required missions, but never one person. I guess he just needed a reason. That reason being his love for Lucy.