Lost Souls - Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

"Hes a witch too?" laughing he closed the hole in the wall and concentrated on me again.  

"No my dear he isn't a witch, a few days after he first saw you he was attacked by a 'canabilistic human' as your people called them back then, nowadays there called vampires, and he was changed into one." looking towards where the hole was I thought that over.  

"So why was I with him?"  

"My dear ... Otieno and you are soulmates!"  

"Soulmates?! .... Damn"  

"You look upset."  

"No ... Not upset. Harry already called dibbs on him!"He burst into a fit of laughter while I blushed furiously. When I'd got control of my facial colour I started noticing some difference in Mimir's body. The edges were fading away, panicing I grabbed both his hands. He looked at me shocked hen realised what was happening. "Dont worry Pandora, your just waking up. Now listen! Tell no one of he vision you saw and tell no one about what I have said. Otieno will know what's happened!" his voice faded and disapeared fully.

Frantically looking round for some comfort I started hyperventilating.  

"Pandora! Pandora wake up!!" a voice called. A light came through a tiny hole above me, followed by a huge noise that sounded like a hover. Everything that happened next was a blur of black and white as the world rushed past.  

~Otieno's POV~  

"Hey dude get off her!!" Harriet screamed at me. I took my eyes if Pandora's face and glared at the skinny girl next to me.  

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" her chin rose, lips puckered and eyes slitted together.  

"I am her best friend! My name is Harriet Jones and I am telling you TO GET THE HELL OFF HER!!" she yelled, expecting me to flinch away. When I didn't budge she silenced.  

"Now," I started calmly, "I am here to help Harriet Jones!" blood rushed to her face making her look like a tomato.  

"You can call me Harry." she stated silently  

"Well Harry, I've dealt with fainters before! We just got to keep her temperature normal and NOT HAVE EVERYONE CROWDING HER!!!" I yelled to the spectators, some ran at the tone of my voice. Others walked away mumbling incoherent words.  

"There a bunch of jerks!" Harry said, I looked backed up at her face. Finally back to normal colour, she concentrated back to Pandora's face. "She's going to be okay you know? Girls faint all the time!"  

"Yeah but this is a first for Pan, Its me who's the fainter!"  

"Oh it's not her first time!" I muttered to myself, thankfully she didn't hear me.  

After sitting for about ten minutes I got anxious and started to probe her mind. Like every other time this has happened, Mimir was there telling Pandora about the prophecy. I came out of her mind again leaving her and Mimir to talk.  

"Otieno, she's been out for ages!!!!!"  

I sighed, Harry would know everything in the end. But that was for Pandora to tell her. "Shes been out ten minutes! You have to wait thirty minutes before we take action!"  

"Ughhh I hate this!"  

"Yeah I'm loving it!" she glared at me and started ganging up against me again!  

" And WHAT exactly are you doing here?"  

I sighed, "I am here to help!"  

"You don't know her!"  

I know her better than you will ever do, I thought. "Well that doesn't matter! I am here---" She had started twisting and turning on the floor. Harry jumped and started shouting her name, "Pandora! Pandora wake up!"  

With a sudden jolt she was sitting up, looking blankly ahead. Her hair was everywhere, green eyes watery and full of unanswered questions. She finally set her eyes on me. Eyes widening then narrowing she said, "You and me need to talk! Now!"  

"I know!" I sighed standing up.

~Pandora's POV~

Don't explode don't explode don't explode, I chanted to myself as I stormed away from Harry and Otieno. Heading towards some abandoned benches I practiced my breathing. It wasn't Otieno's fault, this has been happening for 500 years!! Slumping down on the rotting bench I watched as Otieno silently sat down beside me. Neither of us talked, I concentrated on not bursting into fits of questions while he just casted sly glances at me.  

"So ... wanna explain how this happened?" I started, looking at him as he processed his answer.  

"Well," he took a slow intake of breath and let it out in one big blow, "We first met 500 years ago, in this very town actually. Mimir would have told you what I am ... am I right?"  

"Yeah, you're a vampire! What happened when you got attacked?? Why didn't anyone help you?"  

He shuddered, lacing my fingers through his he looked up into my eyes. "I'd just met your parents, lovely people, and started walking back. Back then attacks were quite common but I was careful, or so I thought. There was this ... noise. Like a crying child behind the bushes. Course I took my spear and headed towards the noise. But just as sneaky as we vamps are it was just this guy, crouching behind a bush making the noise. Then I ran, he pounced and badda bing badda boom I'm a vampire. No one heard from me again. Except from you of course, you kept me a secret and you being a witch and all your blood is ... more appealing, it was hard for the both of us. But we kept it up. Until the prophecy took place, you had died. I carried your body miles and tried to changed you ..." he faded off, lost in his own memories.

~Otieno's POV~

I hated this memory! The first time she'd ever died.

#Flashback#

"Pan! Pandora come on wake up!" I screamed. The shadow had gone, she'd defeated it ... hadn't she? Bracing both her shoulders I shook her body. "Come on Pan ... I need you!" Tears were streaming down my face; losing your other half was terrifying. I didn't want to live without her. I didn't, I just couldn't!! Searching for help, I picked up her body and ran. Just ran. Heading towards our river, Lake Arthur. The trees and land went past in a blur as I sped across the land. Tears were still pouring out of my eyes, unstoppable. If I could just change her she'd be okay, she'd stay with me!  

That one and only thought kept me going.

Getting to the river I raced to the edge where it was shaded by a great oak. Placing her body down I finally looked at her. Skin turning a chalky white and cold. I'm too late, I thought! Leaning my head down to her neck I whispered a silent prayer as I bit into her skin. As blood started beading where the teeth marks are I felt a hand on my shoulder. Jumping up and standing protectively over her body I saw a boy standing there with white hair and silver eyes. "Come Otieno, there's nothing you can do."  

"Get AWAY from her!" I screeched  

"Come my son, I will explain!" his voice was calm and soothing, this only made me hate him more!  

"I am not your son! Leave me and Pandora alone!"  

He took a step closer and placed a hand on my shoulder, applying slight pressure. Everything when fuzzy ...

#Reality#

"Otieno!!" I snapped my head up to see Pandora crouched in front of me. Worry clear in them emerald eyes.  

"Sorry."  

"Come on, lets get out of here. College students are great for spreading rumours! I should know. Harry starts most of them!" I laughed and let her drag me to her car.