Chapter 24 - Not Quite Right

Start from the beginning

He certainly hung the moon and the stars as far as she was concerned. If there was even a slightest possibility that he could love her, if there was even the slightest hope that he could return her affection, she would loosen up the tight hold she had kept on her desires for him. It wouldn't feel even the slightest bit wrong to give herself to him, because he would be as much hers as she would be his.

Now all she had to do was find out if what Divya said was true. She needed to find out if Abhi had some romantic feelings for her.

*

The week flew by quickly and it was the day of Abhi and Siya's engagement. Divya had decked Siya into the an elegant sharara which left her midriff bare and dipped slightly in the front. Siya was glad the red dupatta, although transparent covered her front enough for her to feel confident about herself. Divy helped her choose the right jewelry and had called her friend Misha who was the best makeup and hair artist in the fashion industry. Siya would have protested all the fuss if it wasn't for the amount of public reports that were going to be made about her engagement. Their family wealth and the company's standing had made them both far more famous than she had anticipated. Their marriage had become the talk of the town.

Siya sighed as she let Misha, the make-up artist do the finishing touches to her face, and took a deep breath before she allowed herself to look into the mirror

"What do you think Siya?" Misha asked, looking excited.

"I-" Siya couldn't believe the beautiful woman in the mirror was she herself! She felt speechless.

"She looks splendid!" Siya jumped a little as she noticed Natasha in the doorway through the mirror. Natasha looked too beautiful for words. She was wearing a trendy black saree, with minimal makeup and no accessories. Siya felt a little jealous that she had to put in so much effort to look like this, while Natasha had barely done anything too look so good.

"You've done a great job by keeping her make up absolute minimum, just highlighting her natural beauty and adding the lip color to make her beautiful lips stand out

"You've done a great job by keeping her make up absolute minimum, just highlighting her natural beauty and adding the lip color to make her beautiful lips stand out. She looks like a modern day Indian bride, way too beautiful but elegant and strong" Natasha said, finishing her assessment.