Ali's Letter

A/n: The same letter Alison wrote to Emily in one of my previous chapters called "A letter to my mermaid". The letter lands in the wrong hands, and Emily has no idea the letter exists. Takes place season five. Switching up some of the letter.

-
No ones pov

"Hey sweetheart, there was a letter in the mail for you." Kenneth said, catching Alison's attention. The blonde was currently watching tv, as she looked up from where she was sitting, to stare at her father. "Who's it from?" Alison asked, in a confused tone. The older man turned the envelope over, then back again, furrowing his eyebrows as he did so.

"It doesn't say. All it says is your name." He said and Alison furrowed her eyebrows as she stood up, and walked towards her father. He handed her the letter and she thanked him, before he walked off, looking through the other mail that had arrived. The blonde stared at the envelope for awhile, not really wanting to open it.

With "A" being active as ever, to say she was frightened was an understatement. But Alison knew if it was "A", she couldn't avoid it forever, or even that long, for that matter. So she tore open the envelope, to reveal a folded piece of paper. She carefully took it out, and unfolded it.

As her eyes skimmed over the words that were on the paper, her heart stopped. It was clear that the words weren't written; but instead it looked as if someone had copied the original letter, with a copy machine. The letter fell to the floor, and Alison felt as if her world had just came crashing down.

She stood there, for a couple of moments, not saying or doing anything. Suddenly her phone chimed, signaling she got a text. She slowly reached into her back pocket, and pulled out her phone.

"Karma's a bitch but I'm worse."

-

(The next day.)

Alison was sitting at a table in the courtyard, half asleep. She didn't get any sleep last night, all she could think about was "A" and that letter.

"Hey." A familiar voice said causing her to jump, she looked up and saw Aria, Hanna, and Spencer, which made her sigh in relief. "Oh, hey." Alison said bluntly and they each exchanged looks. "What's wrong with you?" Hanna asked and Alison shrugged, "I didn't get much sleep last night." Alison admitted. "Whys that?" Spencer asked, and Alison looked up at them. For some reason she felt as if she were being interrogated.

"Pepe was up all night barking." Alison lied and Hanna crossed her arms, "Really? So you not sleeping didn't have anything to do with this?" Hanna asked as she slammed a piece of paper on to the table. Alison picked up the piece of paper and stared at her, it was the same letter she had received. "Which one of you did "A" give this too?" She asked, starting to feel angry.

"All of us got one, Ali." Aria said as they all sat down. "Did Emily get one?" Alison asked nervously and the girls all exchanged looks, "I don't think so, I mean she hasn't told us about it." Spencer said as Hanna and Aria nodded. Alison let out a sigh of relief as the girls stared at her.

"What?" She asked and Hanna rolled her eyes, "Were you ever going to tell us that this letter existed?" She asked and Alison only shrugged. "I didn't think it mattered, I mean, with everything going on I didn't even remember about the letter. I thought Emily had gotten it and she just never told me." Alison admitted truthfully and Aria sighed.

"We have to tell her." Aria said and Alison's eyes went wide, "No, we can't!" Alison said and they each gave her a look. "Ali, if "A" gives Emily this letter first, she'll be pissed that none of us told her about it." Spencer said and Alison sighed. "Emily can't know that this letter exists. She'll start asking me questions and I don't think I can answer them." Alison admitted and Hanna sighed.

"Then what do you want to do, Ali?" Hanna asked and Alison shrugged, "We have to find out if "A" really is the one giving out the letters." Alison said, causing the girls to give her a look. "Ali, it has to be "A", who else would do this?" Aria asked in a hushed tone, Alison then looked up at Paige who was watching them intensely. "I have a few ideas." Alison mumbled, causing the girls to turn around and stare at Paige.

"Wait, you think she's the one who has your letter?" Aria asked and Alison shrugged, "You all know what I did with hers, maybe this is some type of revenge." Alison suggested, causing Hanna to furrow her eyebrows. "But I thought you apologized to Paige." Hanna pointed out and Alison gave her a look. "Just cause I apologized doesn't mean she accepted it." Alison mumbled.

"Well there's only one way to find out if she's the one that has your letter." Hanna said as she stood up. The girls all exchanged nervous glances, "Hanna what are you doing?" Spencer asked cautiously and Hanna huffed. "I'm not playing any games, if Paige has your letter, I'm getting it back. She has no right to just dig into your personal life, and take something like that." Hanna said, angrily.

"Well what are you gonna do Hanna? Just go up to her and ask her to give the letter back?" Alison asked in disbelief. "It's worth a shot." Hanna said bluntly as she started walking up to Paige. The girls quickly stood up and followed Hanna, who shortly walked up to Paige.

"Oh, hey guys." Paige said, with a smug smile on her face. "We know you're the one making copies of Ali's letter." Hanna said, getting straight to the point as she crossed her arms. Paige then gave them an innocent look, "I have no idea what you're talking about." Paige said, as she crossed her arms back at Hanna. Almost as if she were challenging the blonde.

"Just give it back, Paige." Alison snapped and Paige only stared at her. "Not with that attitude." Paige said and Alison's blood stared to boil. "So you do have it." Aria said and Paige shrugged, "Maybe I do, maybe I don't." She said, staring at Alison with an intimidating expression on her face.

"You have no right to just take Ali's letter like that." Spencer said and Paige scoffed, "And she had no right to take mine." The brunette said and Alison sighed. "Paige, I know what I did was fucked up, but I apologized." Alison said and Paige rolled her eyes. "Just because you apologized, doesn't make everything okay, Alison." Paige said and Alison only stared at her.

"Emily may think you're this changed person, but I don't buy it; and neither should any of you." Paige said, staring individually at Hanna, Spencer, and Aria. "I mean, I wonder what she'd think, when she reads this letter." Paige smirked and Hanna gave her a look. "We all read that letter, Paige, Emily was supposed get it years ago. You can't just bring something like that back up." Hanna said and Alison nodded.

"If you show Emily that letter, it'll open up wounds that have already healed, Paige. Just let it go." Alison said in a strong voice. "It'll open up Emily's wounds, or yours?" Paige asked and Alison only looked down for a moment, before looking back up at Paige.

"Like I said Alison, karma's a bitch but I'm worse." Paige spat as she walked off, leaving the girls dumbfounded.

"That didn't go very well." Aria mumbled causing Hanna and Spencer to glare at her. "She's not gonna give me back the letter." Alison said in a quiet voice and Hanna sighed. "So that's it? You're just gonna let Paige win?" The blonde asked and Alison stared at her, "Well what else am I supposed to do, Han? She has the upper hand in this." Alison said and Spencer looked down.

"There's still one more option." Spencer said quietly, causing the girls to stare at her. She looked up and stared directly at Alison, "You can tell Emily before Paige does." She said and Alison was about to say something but Spencer beat her to it.

"We all know if Paige tells Emily, she'll be crushed that you didn't tell her first. At least if you do it, she'll have some sense of relief that she didn't find it out from someone else." Spencer explained and Alison only looked down. "Ali, I know you're scared." Aria piped up and everyone stared at her.

"But we've been through a lot. From psychopath's trying to kill us, to psycho ex girlfriends trying to ruin our lives. But like you said, what makes it better is that we all have each other. Maybe this letter will hurt both you and Emily now, but it might open up some things you never knew. And we'll be here every step of the way." Aria said gently, the girls were all a bit shocked at Aria's sudden sincerity, but it caused Spencer and Hanna to smile sadly at Alison.

"Besides, this is Emily we're talking about, she'll understand, Ali." Hanna said softly, rubbing Alison's arm gently. Causing Alison to look down, deep in thought.

-

A/n: part two coming up