Its not easy

I thought this was cute ❣️ AU asf takes place at Ali's Christmas ball💗

Emily's pov
I was standing on the dance floor with my girlfriend Paige, her arms around my waist and mine around her neck. Everything is so simple with her, she makes it easy. She never challenges me, or does anything different, she doesn't tell me what to do, or what I can do. She's just so simple. That's when the lights dim a bit and Alison's favorite song starts playing, and I know it's her favorite because she told me. I look up and I see Ali making her grand entrance, of course she has a posse of people behind her, and it stings. It stings real bad, because she's showing me and the girls that we are replaceable. I know it's basically her way of saying "this is what you get for replacing me with Mona" and I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt. I see the way she looks around the room and her eyes land on me, I also know Paige noticed and is now wrapping her arm around my waist protectively, because Paige is the good guy. Paige is the knight in shining armor sent to save me, she's the one who waits for me no matter what, the one who wants a simple life with me in it. God, I can practically see my life with her, and how easy it would be. We would graduate, we'd go to college in California, where i'd cheer her on. Then we would get married and probably move to San Francisco and have a beautiful home, where our sex life would get dull and we'd end up having children. I would of course be the one who carries the babies, because I'm the most feminine. My life with Paige is every Highschool girls dream. It's also Paige's fantasy, me being her cheerleader, her dainty little housewife, the mother of her kids. I almost forget where I am, I see Ali talking to people and thanking them for coming. Then my thoughts are all about her. Alison isn't the good guy, in fact Alison is the complete opposite. She's not simple or easy. In fact, Alison even hates the word "easy". Being with Ali, isn't easy, in any way. Being her friend, lover, other? It's not easy, and trust me I know because I've been all three. I know Alison isn't easy, and Ill never even try to pretend that she is, but I guess that's love isn't it? I know Alison, I may not know what she's planning, or the stuff she's thinking all the time, but I know Alison. I know her like the back of my hand, nothing she does surprises me anymore, yes it may shock me a bit, but nothing Alison does surprises me. To live a Life with Alison? Life with Alison is about the complete opposite of life with Paige. Ali would never let me sit back, she would push me. I would never be a cheerleader in her life, I would have to be a player too. Alison knows at times I'm sensitive and I am positive she will always protect me, but with that she would also make me stand up for myself. Ali would never make me carry the babies, it would be a conversation she'd wanna talk about, something we'd probably end up arguing over. Ali would never take me to San Francisco, we'd never be a Normal couple, Ali would surprise me with a spontaneous trip to Paris in middle of a work deadline. Alison would fight on every detail and would never apologize for insulting someone, and Alison sure as hell wouldn't see me as a one dimensional body. She knew there was more to me before I even knew, Alison knows me, and she hates that. Because while she can see me, while she can push me to my limits and drive me insane like no one else can, I know I do it to her too. She hates not having complete control, especially now that I've learned not to give it to her. She hates the thought of me being in love with anyone but her, she hates when I give her a disappointed look because she screwed up again, and she definitely hates it when she knows I'm truly mad at her. I drive Alison crazy too, but when she shows it, it never fails to show me that she cares. People around the room start moving and I snap out of my thoughts, as I watch Alison go around talking to people. She smiles, but it's not her smile, it's not the smile that i saw when I kissed her that night in her room. Or the smile when she talks about Paris, and it breaks my heart. I look at Paige and then at Ali. I look at Spencer, Aria, and Hanna, I know they know why I've been so quiet, why I've only dance with Paige once tonight. Then my eyes lock with Ali's and it feels like an eternity and all she does is smile sadly and look away. Then I notice how beautiful she looks tonight, she always does, but there's something about tonight. I feel Spencer, aria, and Hanna staring holes into my back, I know Paige sees me looking at Ali, and it breaks her heart. And that's when it hits me, I know I'm cut out for the role of Paige's little fantasy girl, but I don't think Paige is cut out for mine. A life with Ali would be a never ending adventure, it would be complicated, difficult, and anything but easy. But most importantly it would be worth it. Yes I know loving Ali isn't easy, I'm well aware of that, but loving her is worth it, it's worth it and no matter how many times she screws up I'd never even dream about stopping. I start walking towards Ali and ignore Paige calling my name, I know the girls are all looking at me not knowing what the hell Im doing, God I don't even know what the hell I'm doing. "Hi Em." Ali says with a soft voice as I grab her hands, "W-what are you doing?" She asked looking into my eyes, "Would you ever take me to San Francisco?" I asked as she furrowed her eyebrows, "God no, I've always been a Paris type of girl." She winked as giggled and grabbed her face and kissed her passionately, she kissed back after a moment and I felt Time freeze. "Yup definitely worth it."