Chapter 20

Skylar's POV

"What's a kid like you doing here? Where are your parents?" I ask him gently after pulling away from the hug.

He looks down sadly before looking back up at me, more tears streaming down his face as he answers me in a sorrowed filled voice "I don't have a mommy or a daddy anymore". And with that, he starts to sob but I calm him down as I pull him into me, rocking us back and forth in a gentle and comforting way.

After another while I ask him for his name and can't help but smile at his shy response. "My name's Gabriel, Gabriel blackwood". He slips his hand into my own and with that, I lead us to the bathroom door, opening it to find Max cleaning his wounds with alcohol that he must have found around the bathroom.

"Max, come on" we all walk out and the boy quickly leads us to one of the exits.

We manage to get out with no problem but as we were a block or so away a group of men come out from different areas and quickly surround us.

Guns being aimed at us as a man dressed in all black stepped up to stand right infront of us. His eyes met mine before he looked down to the boy holding my hand.

His eyed glinted dangerously as he sent the boy a sneer of disgust before looking away from him angrily.

"Thought it'd be easy to escape didn't you, too bad you'll have to try harder, way harder"

From the corner of my eye I made out the figure of a few men standing on top of the building to my left, but what really caught my eye was the fact that they're guns were aimed at the men below them, not at me.

Hope rushed through my body as I realized that Jason was here.

A smirk made it's way onto my face before I took a daring step towards the man in front of me.

"Actually it seems to me like you're the one who won't be able to escape from this" and just like that all hell broke loose as the first few men fell. The three of us quickly ran down the street and hid in a small alley.

To my surprise Mr.Matthews was there with another man seeming to be getting ready to fight. They both turned to look at us, a look of relief filling Mr.Matthews as he saw that we were okay for the most part.

His eyes moved down to look at Gabriel and something in his eyes seemed to change for a moment before he quickly looked away.

"Where's Jason?" I ask as I look out at the fight to see if i could spot him to no avail, he wasn't out there from what I could see, neither was that man that seemed to be the leader of those gang members.

"I'm not sure but don't worry about him, he'll be fine. Do you see that red van over there? Get in it and take Max and that boy with you to my house, you're family is there waiting for news. Stay there with them until Jason and I get home. Do you all understand?" I nod but my eyes state wide as I realize that my family knew of what was happening.

"You told them!" I state accusingly, uneasy as to how they must have taken it.

"I didn't, Jason did but we can discuss this later, for now do what I've asked you to do. Me and my partner here will keep you guys covered until you're a safe distance away" with that we all ran towards the car.

Mr.Matthews and the other guy shooting anyone who tried to shoot at us.

We quickly got in the car and before we knew it we were already halfway to Jason's house.

Anxiety is what I felt the most as we arrived and walked into the house. Gabriel was once again holding my hand, seeming to be really scared and nervous. I pick him up and hug him to me in a comforting way, rubbing soothing circles on his back as we arrived to the living room.

My dad looked exhausted and worried, my brothers appearances not too far behind. Tom was there as well looking just as worried.

All of them turned to look at us, slight relief filling them as I was jumped by my family while Max was jumped by Tom.

I gasped for air, Gabriel doing the same as they all suffocated us. "I missed you guys too but please, let go, you're suffocating us" and with that they let me go, smiles and tears streaming down their faces.

We all sat down and explained everything that happened. My worry for Jason growing as reality set in that whatever happened out there today. It'll settle whatever they have going.

Please come back to me in one piece, Jason.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jason's POV

"It's just you against me Jason, let's see who will be the one to get out of this alive" Logan growls angrily as he lunges towards me.

Let the games begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :)