Chapter 21

Here we go
Hope you enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason's POV

I pant heavily as I lean against the wall, Logan laying unconscious on the floor at my feet. Damn he sure is a tough cookie. I'm worn out but I know that this fight is far from over.

I grab Logan's gun before walking outside.

Shooting any enemy that got in my way. I feel relieved when my eyes land on my dad kicking some serious ass.

He's a fighter for sure.

There were only a few guys left on our enemy's side and the ones left quickly surrendered, dropping all of their weapons. It's finally over it seems. With that thought I walk back over to the building planning on setting the place on fire.

I take out my lighter once I make it to the top floor and grab a piece of paper from a desk before setting it down on top of the rest of the papers.

The flames quickly caught and grew.

I ran down the stairs and was almost outside when a loud bang rang through the air.

I looked down to my side to see that I was definitely shot. I looked up and come face to face with Logan.

I knew I should have killed him when I had the chance. "You should have stayed down"

I don't know how he got a gun but I don't really care either. I shoot him in the head before walking out. I head towards my dad and we both leave to go home. I don't say anything about my injury as we get home.

Probably because we have better things to worry about.

I get out of the car before my dad does and slowly walk in.

My breathing getting a little more laboured. I make it to the living room, not at all surprised to see it filled.

A spark of relief and happiness go through me to see Skylar here and knowing she was now out of danger.

I lean my back against the door as they all stop their chatting to turn and look at me. Skylar quickly runs over to me.

She throws her arms around me and I embrace her back, glad go be able to finally have her in my hands.

I try ignore the fact that the shot wound hurt when she put a little too much pressure on it.

I still winced a little.

"What happened?" she asks me just as my dad walks in.

"I set the building on fire and killed Logan" I tell her, loud enough for the rest to hear.
My dad goes a little more into detail as to how it went with him but I zoned out as my ears started to ring and my head started to pound.

I look at the kid hugging at Skylar's legs and raise a brow at her.

"He's gonna be your little brother from now on" I nearly chocked at that but still sent the kid a smile. I've always wanted a younger sibling to spoil rotten...

Damn it I need to get this bullet out of me and my wound dressed.

"Dad" I say lowly, trying to be as calm as possible but my dad didn't seem to hear me.

"Dad" I try again, only to get the same result.

"DAD!" I shout, finally catching his attention.

I notice his jaw clench in anger and annoyance at being interrupted so rudely but I don't feel any guilt at all.

He turns to look at me as does everyone else. Making me want to groan out loud knowing that there is no way I can hide this from everyone else now.

"I was shot and I feel like I'm 1.2 seconds away from punching the wall and passing out" I get out after a few silent moments.

I raise my shirt, exposing my stomach and the shot wound I have on my side.

Worry quickly covers their faces and before I know it I'm being dragged onto the couch and impaled by my dad's fingers as he dug around for the bullet. I clenched my teeth harshly at the pain before letting my eyes focus of Skylar's face.

"You're so beautiful" I tell her as I reach up and rest my hand on her cheek gently. Tears fall down her face as she stares down at me.

"Hey, don't cry, this but a flesh wound, I'm not gonna die. You and me have a lifetime of dates to go to, remember?" I ask her with a small smile.

"Date? Did he just say date? Oh hell no" we all laugh as both of her brothers start to fuss over the fact that me and their sister are going to be a couple soon.

I sit up slightly and bring her towards me, catching her lips with mine. After a while of kissing we pull back for air. I rest my forehead on hers. "I love you Skylar"

"I love you too, Jason"

"Can you guys not? Geez"
We all laugh and a true happy smile makes it's way onto my lips.

This is my life, and I'd never trade it for anything else because I have all of these amazing and wonderful people in my life.

What else could I ask for?

~~THE END~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's the end folks, hope you enjoyed the story.
Happy new year :).