Chapter 6

Enjoy!!
Edited
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's POV

I don't know what to do, Jason's basically straddling me by my waist with his hands forcing both of my arms on top of my head, making me immobile and it's starting to get darker and darker.

I can feel my phone vibrating violently in my back pocket, telling me that my dad and brothers are most likely worried about me and I'll be in trouble once I get home..... that is if I get home....

I look up at Jason to see him already looking at me expectently causing me to nervously look away.  My eyes land on the house he caught me infront of, we were right in front of it and can be seen at any given moment considering the living room lights are on , but does Jason care? No, no he doesn't.

I take a deep breath and look up at him again just to have my breath catch in my throat at the way he was looking at me. My eyes land on his lips and I can't help but stare for a few seconds, wondering how his lips would feel against mine.

I start having an internal conflict with myself on whether I should just tell him what he wants to know and finally get to go home or lean in and kiss him like I want to........I choose the latter. I lean in and capture his lips with mine before he could so much as blink.

He instantly tenses up, shock written across his face before he  abruptly pulls away. He quickly gets up, tripping over my feet slightly as he does. He straightened himself up before looking down at me with a look of shock and irritation. He leans down and grabs a hold of my arm before harshly pulling me to my feet.

"Why the fuck are you playing games with me, Skylar?, I told you not to come anywhere near me but here you are" he spits out venomeously, causing me to flinch slightly at his tone. He tightens his grip on my arm, causing me to wince at the pain it caused.

"Why can't you understand Skylar? Why?" Tightening his grip on me with every word he speaks. 

"Can you let go of my arm, your hurting me" I tell him as the pain starts to get unbearable. He slowly lets go of me, sighing at the bruise already appearing on my tan skin.
He looks away from me, focusing his attention to the multiple stars above us.

"Look, I'm sorry, whatever it is that you manage to hear better not be repeated again to anyone, understand?"

I give him a nod as he glances my way before looking back at the sky "I won't tell another living soul about what happened unless it's absolutely necessary, but..... do you want to talk about it?" I ask him soflty, he turns to look at me.

"Why did you kiss me?" He asks suddenly as he stares at me blankly, a bearly noticable hint of curiosity in his eyes. A light blush appears on my cheeks as I quickly look away to hide it.

"Because I felt like it" I tell him simply before adding " and you need to work on your kissing skills you suck" i tease, giggling slightly. He stays quiet as he follows my gaze towards the stars.

We staye like this for a while until he moves to stand in front of me. He sighs as he runs a hand through his hair, he looks down at me before taking a deep breath.

"5 years ago, my dad got himself mixed up with a feared gang, he was forced to join and be the gangs private doctor." He tells me, a distant look appearing on his face, as if he was thinking back at the memories.

"He never wanted anything to do with them but they threatened to torture and kill me and my mother if he refused their offer, fearing for our lives, he took the job without hesitation and joined them, wanting to keep me and my mother safe. At the time, my mom was very ill and in the hospital.

My dad had been sent off to LA for a month to make a deal with a gang that resided there, he had refused at first but in the end he didnt have a choice. Everyday after school, before heading home, I'd go and visit her, she was slowly starting to get better and better, but in the end it didn't matter because she was murdered a week after my dad had left, and right infront of my eyes ." A tear falls from his left eyes as he tells me this, he brings his left hand up and wipes it away before continuing.

"It was a Friday, I went to the hospital to visit like I always did after school, I was barely there for 30 minutes before they barged in, gun in hand. They surrounded us and I put up a fight but it was futile, they shot her in the stomach than left without a second glance. Before she died she told me to stay strong and to protect both my father and myself. Doctors, nurses, and police men came in after a few minutes but they were too late. My dad was devestated when he found out, they told him that i told them to kill my mother but not me.

He started to treat me differently, always looking at me with emotionless eyes. We used to be inseparable back then but it all changed. I waited until he'd Leave before allowing myself to cry, I'd cry all night until I'd fall asleep, not showing him just how broken I was and probably still am. We moved over here a few weeks after her death,  we just up and left without telling them anything, making sure to not leave any traces they could use to track us down." He took a deep breath before continuing.

"He still shuts me out, even after we moved here from Chicago. They managed to locate us about 6 months ago. They wanted my dad either dead or working for them but I made a deal with them. I'd work for them as long as they left him out of this and they agreed, I can't stand the thought of my dad having to suffer through that again, I had to protect him, have to protect him." he was crying now, a few sobs escaping him, I honestly never thought there would be a day were i'd see him crying but here he was, heart broken and feeling alone and rejected. I pullhim towards me, enveloping him in a hug and comforting him the best that I could, after a while he continued.

"He's a great guy, and still young at the age of 33, the gang hadn't affected him much but my mothers death sure did. I know that he treats me like a stranger and thinks that I'm a heartless delinquent but I just can't lose him, he's the only family I have left and he doesn't know about any of this and I want things to stay that way" he finishes as he quickly wipes away the tears that had fallen.

I pull him towards me again, gently turning his face toward mine. "I'm here for you, but I really do think you should tell your dad about this"
I tell him as I gently run my fingers through his hair. "I'm not ready to tell him yet" he tells me tiredly.

"Its okay but just don't take too long, you should tell him soon, he deserves to know and it will most likely change everything between you two, in a positive way of course " I tell him seriously.

He nods than gets up, pulling me up with him, somehow we had found ourselves on the floor again.

"I'll walk you home" he says finally, giving me a small smile. We started walking towards the direction of my house when he suddenly stopped walking.

I looked up at him to see him looking down at me "Thank you Skylar" he whispers sincerely, I smile and grab his hand in mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze as we start walking again, getting closer and closer to our destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it.