Chapter 19

♡♡♡Dont have much to say so Enjoy the Chapter people
Like and Comment if you're up to it
Thanks.♡♡♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's POV

I slowly crack my eyes open, wincing at the pain coursing through my body as I try to sit up.

I take in a deep breath before realizing that the chains around my ankles were gone. I turn to my left and feel a small spark of hope ignite inside of me when my eyes land on the unconscious drunken man sitting with his back leaning against the wall. Many empty bottles of beer laying beside him.

I slowly get up and limp my way over to him.

I take the keys from his back pocket and the gun from his belt once I was sure he was out cold and make my way to the door. A rush of relief flows through me when the door opens without me having to look through the mountain of keys piled on the chain.

I peek my head out and look around before stepping out once I made sure the ghost was clear.

I make my way In front of the room to my left i'm positive they have Max in and start trying out key by key, slowly getting frustrated as I look from key to key for the right one.

After a few more tries I manage to find the one that fits. I quickly turn the key and the handle, opening the door and looking inside. I let out a loud gasp as my eyes land on the beaten figure chained to the bed in nothing but his now shredded  boxers. I rush in and quickly jump into action, making sure to be gentle as I untie him and check his injuries.

I let out a sigh of relief as he lets out a barely audible groan, letting my fear of him being dead go down.

"Max? Max can you hear me?" I ask as he slowly blinks his eyes open, looking up at the ceiling blankly before turning his head to look at me.

He gives me a small once over before struggling to sit himself up. I feel panic rise inside my chest as I try to keep him down but my strength was limited.

He shocks me when he suddenly pulls me into a painfully tight hug. Even though I knew it hurt the both of us, I hugged him back just a tight, knowing we both need some comfort right now.

I feel my bare shoulder start to get wet and I feel my heart stop as I realize that he's actually crying. I gently run my hands through his hair as he silently sobs on my shoulder.

I get up once he's calmed down and pull him up with me as gently as I can while checking the time.

"Let's get out of here" I tell him determinedly as I ready the gun and grab a hold of his hand as we leave the room as quickly as we can in our condition.

I manage to get us into a richly decorated living room before I'm frozen in place as I hear foots steps making there way to our current location. I open what I find to be a small bathroom door and gently help him sit on the floor with his back leaning on the back wall.

I could see the protest in his eyes but he remained silent as I placed a finger to my lips and gently closed the door.
Leaving him in pitch darkness as I ready myself for a fight. I feel my grip on the gun tighten as the door opens, revealing a boy no older than 10 years old.

A wave of shock runs through my body as the young boy freezes his steps once he sees me. His eyes widen in shock and he reaches into his pants and takes out a walkie talkie, ready to give our location but I lunge myself into him.

Making sure not to hurt him as I pry the device out of his hand. I cover his mouth as he goes to scream.

I put one of my fingers to my lips, begging him with my eyes to keep quiet. After a while he stops struggling and gives me a shaky nod. I slowly remove my hand and move to make space for him to get up. I reach my hand down for him to take and gently pull him up.

He looks up at me nervously, crocodile tears streaming down his face as he lunges at me, catching me off guard as he wraps his arms tightly around my waist. I hug him to me as I feel my hate and anger boil inside of me.

I don't know why the hell they have a kid as young as this boy working for them but I swear i will be kicking some ass once I find that bastard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♡♡♡Well how was it?
I'm sorry for not updating after so long but here you go.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. ♡♡♡