CHAPTER 35

[SAIRI]

I took a shower after that training and rest for a while at my dorm but I couldn’t seem to sleep so I got up and decided to go to the school’s gym. I walked passed the training room when I noticed it was still open and there were people inside it.

Nangunot ang noo ko at sumilip doon nang marinig ang pamilyar na boses ng lalaki. It was Raiton and beside him was Firoah. She was staring at him as he was talking and I just couldn’t stand it when I heard him confessing to her.

“You heard me right? I’m  inlove with you, Firoah. I’m so damn in love.”

It was loud and clear. He’s in love with her. And the way he looked at her now, I knew he wasn’t kidding. He meant all what he had said. I just couldn’t believe it. Raiton had been my friend yet I hadn’t noticed it. All I thought was he’s into Hikari. I never knew that he’s secretly in love with Fire. I never knew that he could do this...

He knew I love her yet he’s taking his chance now to confess! Was he planning to compete with me? Was he planning to steal her away from me now? She’s not even mine yet!

I bit my lower lip as my heart throbbed with pain because of betrayal. Umalis din ako’t hindi na nagtagal doon. I couldn’t bare to hear Firoah’s respond. What if she’ll give him a chance? What if he’ll court her? What if she felt the same way too? Aish!

Hindi na ako nakapunta pa ng gym at dumeretso na lang sa cafeteria. It was quarter to six and LEs weren’t here yet. I’m a bit early yet I still sat on our usual seat.

Napahilamos ako sa mukha at nailing, hindi pa rin makapaniwala sa narinig. Raiton just...

I wanted to punch him and yell at him. I badly wanted to ask him why her, why it had to be her, yet...

“Ano’ng mukha ‘yan, Sairi?” natatawang tanong ni Mizu nang maupo siya.

Kararating niya lang at kasama niya si Kaze. Hindi ko siya kinibo at napabuntong-hininga na lang, kinakalma ang sarili, dahil baka maramdaman na naman ni Kaze iyon.
Ilang sandali pa’y narito na rin si Angie kasama sina Hikari at Michi.

“Bad trip yata,” ani Kaze at natawa.

I glared at him and closed my eyes to calm myself again.

“Titigil kayo o hindi?” pagbabanta ko sa kanila.

Agad naman silang natigil. Then Firoah and Raiton entered the cafeteria together. Nakakuyom ang mga kamao ko sa ilalim ng mesa at matiim na pinagdikit ang mga ngipin habang naririnig ang pinagsasabi nila.

Date, huh? They call it date? In the training room? That’s unromantic and cheap!

Raiton seemed to be so happy and proud. He even told everyone that he likes her—the thing I haven’t done! Did she give him a chance? Am I late now?

“Bagay kayo,” Kaze commented.

Really, huh? Is this why he’s telling me to stay away from Fire ‘cause he knew about this? He knew that Raiton’s in love with her?

“We really are. Right, Sairi?” Raiton said with a wide smile plastered on his face.

Why was he asking me that? Inaasar niya ba ako?

“Yeah. You look good to each other,” I uttered, almost a whisper, as I looked at Fire coldly then looked away.

I continued eating like it didn’t matter to me, yet my heart was throbbing with pain as the thought of them being together was kept on repeating om my mind. Bago pa ako sumabog ay umalis na ako sa cafeteria nang hindi nauubos ang pagkain ko.