Lesson 13

Monty woke only because he was shivering violently. He reached over to pull Adisa to him so he could steal his lovers body heat but the African was nowhere in the bed. In fact- his place in the bed was cold. When Monty opened his eyes he was met with morning light floating through the closed curtains and an empty bedroom.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes and pushed his messy hair behind his ears. He pushed the sheets off of him and swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood to find his lover. He opened the bedroom door to find the living room empty. But the balcony doors were open- and since it was February- it was fucking freezing.

Outside was Adisa- shirtless and leaning on the curled black metal railing- a mug of coffee in his hands. Monty shook his head in amusement and walked out- placing his hand on Adisa's lower back and leaning against the Africans shoulder. Adisa leaned his cheek on the top of Monty's head and hummed a good morning.

"You're going to freeze" Monty declared and Adisa snickered.

"I've never felt air this cold" Adisa admitted- his voice low- almost a whisper.

"I used to sleep on the streets in the cold like this- it's nothing new to me- we can go ice skating if you really want to experience cold fun"

"Ice skating?" Adisa asked- gliding over Monty's casual mention of his horrid childhood.

"Yeah- it's like- sliding across the ice- on little blades- it's really fun!"

"Is it hard?" Adisa asked.

"Can you balance?"

"I like to think so" Adisa chuckled.

"Then it shouldn't be hard" Monty nodded-, "let's get breakfast and go- wanna?"

"It sounds fun- anywhere you want to go for breakfast?" Adisa asked- lifting his mug to his plump lips and finishing off the cup- Monty watched his Adam apple bob as he swallowed.

"Bridgeman's?" Monty suggested.

Adisa nodded. Adisa followed Monty back into the warm apartment and locked the glass slider behind him. He shivered and leaned against Monty until Monty gave in and wrapped his arms around the bigger man. Monty rubbed his hands up and down Adisa's strong back- using the friction of his own skin to bring warmth back into the body of the African.

Monty wore a gray –American Military- hoodie that his uncle Elliot got for him and some black joggers. He dressed Adisa since Adisa didn't have a single clue what to wear to go ice-skating. Monty dressed him in a white under Tee and a peach sweater- Monty was obsessed with Adisa in pastels colors. Monty told Adisa to wear some stretchy jeans and long socks.

Adisa stuck the apartment key in his pocket as Monty grabbed him a black knit scarf from his grandma Sterling. Adisa nuzzled into it once Monty draped it around the Africans shoulder. Monty himself grabbed a forest green beanie and black gloves for the both of them.

"We should get a dog" Adisa said as they left the apartment. Ever since meeting Duck months ago- Adisa has been completely in love with dogs.

"Our landlord doesn't allow them- we can bring Sahara" Monty proposed- "she loves you"

Adisa looked at his feet- deep in thought about bringing Monty's cat from the farm to the apartment.

"Would she like it?" Adisa asked as they stood in the elevator- Monty took his hand and squeezed.

"If she's with you she'd love living in a dumpster" Monty assured his lover- who was still uncertain of some things. They walked two blocks to their favorite bakery. They had a routine here- people knew them here. Monty greeted the barista with a wide smile. He ordered a latte for himself and green tea with sugar for Adisa- a chocolate muffin for Adisa and a slice of Babka for himself. Adisa chose a table by the windows so they could people watch.