Lesson 11

let's get into the trouble huh??

Adisa sat in the afternoon sun grading in between the window blinds of the windows. His day in the library had been all but successful. He wanted to study because midterms were right around the corner but his mind was lost in thought. All about Monty. After midterms he would be moving into an apartment of the sterling fathers choosing with his best friend and lover.

He was ecstatic and was constantly bouncing up and down like a jumping bean- making him unable to study. He leaned forwards on his elbows- his cotton shirt dusting the dark oak table and pressed the tips of his fingers into his eyes. He was exhausted between trying to study and planning for their first night in a shared apartment.

As he opened his eyes and sighed a girl slid into the seat next to him. He didn't really care- he was once again lost in thought. She was pretty- tan skin and long curly hair. Dark almond eyes and plump lips. She was thin with large breast and she was sitting right next to Adisa- looking along with his book.

"May I help you?" he asks politely.

"Oh! I'm Christina- we have anatomy- you're acing right?" she leans on the table- propping her head up with the back of her hand.

"Yes" he said simply.

"Do you think you could help me out for the midterm?" she asks.

"I am able to do that- what do you need help with?"

"The complex nervous system- and the brain" she chirped.

"Yeah- I can help" he smiled- his teeth gleaming like diamonds.

He began to go over the nervous system and within two hours the seen was low in the sky and his brain was buzzing. He was checking his phone very five minutes to see if Monty had texted or called. He hadn't. He was studying for his own nursing exams.

His mind was becoming numb and he was ready to quit when the library door opened- he didn't pay any mind at the moment. A warm hand caressed over is bicep and around his shoulders. A soft kiss was pressed to his cheek and a venti coffee was placed next to him.

"Need a study break?" Monty smiled into the shell of Adisa's ear and Adisa grinned.

"I'm killing for one" Adisa grinned and patted Christina's book, "This is my boyfriend Monty- we are gonna take a little break" he said and she squinted her eyes but quickly reverted into a shining smile.

"Have fun!" she nodded.

Adisa collected his things while Monty waiting calmly- braiding his ponytail, Adisa swung his bag around his shoulder and grabbed his coffee- his other hand reached for Monty- who took the hand graciously. The couple walked to a couch by one of the windows and sat close together.

"How's studying going?" Monty asked and Adisa grunted as he sipped on the coffee, "That good huh?" Monty laughed.

"How about you- ready for your nursing exam?"

"I'm gonna crush it! Then Abe will have to clip the goat hooves for a month!" Monty cheered- shooting an arm up with delight.

"You and your brothers are so fun to watch" Adisa mused.

"What were your brothers like?" Monty asked- prying open the normally very quiet man.

"Siba was loud" Adisa reflected, "always in trouble-always dirty. He hated school- was dedicated to acing football- always had that thing with him. He wanted to make it big"

"Sounds like Jinn" Monty said and Adisa nodded.

"Exactly, Rona was more like me- calm – still fighting for his own way out"

"What about your parents?" Monty asked- understanding that this would be hos only chance to read Adisa like an open book. His life back in Africa was not something he talked about. It was probably because of Emen- but Monty didn't really know.

"Mama was your traditional house wife- she spent her day with Vica and cleaning the house- which would be dirty no matter what- it was made of mud rocks and straw. She cooked whenever we had food that could be cooked. She was an angel" Adisa smiled softly, "my father worked as a fisherman on the coast- his family was lost to the Ebola outbreak back in 2013"

"I'm so sorry"

"It was before you were alive cub- neither of us are at fault"

Monty knew that was the time to stop. As much as his mind whizzed around the fact that Emen was engraved on his lovers' heart- he wouldn't push when Adisa was clearly raw. Monty was still unable to shake the thought that something bad was about to happen- that the dream formed in Adisa after watching his lover die would somehow tear them apart.

He knew Adisa's goals- once Adisa was able, he would leave America and head back into Africa- where he would travel and train other like him to treat the sicknesses that threatened the poor and weak. Monty shivered and Adisa cast him a glance before throwing his arm over the white man's shoulders and encasing him in warmth.

"Worry not- rid your mind of evil" Adisa whispered- his lips caressing Monty's temple, "don't fret for it only causes trouble"

GWyL