Lesson 10- birthday special

"When I was little- when Harrison had to sleep on the floor next to me in case I had night terrors" Monty whispered in the darkness, "I never imagined I would ever be like this"

"Hm" Adisa hummed, Monty was using his bicep as a pillow as the two slept cramped in Monty's twin bed.

"Thank you for everything you've done Adisa"

"Cub- sleep now- I'll always be right here" Adisa brought his other hand up and rested his palm on Monty's cheek, "you turn a year older tomorrow- you need to sleep" Adisa ran his hand over Monty's French brain and felt himself fall asleep.

"I love you" Monty whispered- craning his neck to push his nose into Adisa's collarbone.

Adisa chuckled- his deep voice sending rumbles through Monty and he nodded, "I love you too love- now sleep" Adisa pushed and Monty nodded shyly, closing his eyes and wrapping his warmth around Adisa- silently begging him to never stray.

---

Montgomery woke alone. His legs and arms were sprawled out around him- he imagined he looked like some sort of starfish on the ocean floor. His thin sheets were tangled around his limbs and he groaned at the sunlight shining through his curtains and burning his eyes.

Monty pushed himself up on his elbows and smiled when he heard Adisa's deep voice singing from the shower. Monty grinned to himself and peeled his clothes off as he clambered into the bathroom.

"Monty?" Adisa asked- his locs in a lavender shower cap and his head poked around the shower curtain. Monty giggled and nodded.

"I wanted my birthday breakfast" Monty grinned and he wrapped his arms around Adisa's torso.

"Cub- your fathers are right down the hall- wait for this evening"

"Where are we going this evening?" Monty rose a brow.

"Your fathers helped me pay for a suite at the Vandross" Adisa settled his hands on Monty's hips and kissed his forehead lovingly.

"Are you serious?" Monty gasped, "Addie that place is so nice!"

"I wanted to get you dinner from there- and then we can lay in the big fluffy bed and watch movies- any ones that you want"

"And what else" Monty leaned his head on Adisa's chest, rubbing his cheek on the curled hairs there.

"Anything you'd like love- it's your birthday"

--

"How did you sleep boys?" Harrison asked happily as both Adisa and Monty climbed down the stairs into the kitchen nook.

"The real questions is did they sleep at all" Jinn mused and Abel laughed- slapping his brother on his back and earning a glare from Carson.

"Your father and I did not raise such vulgar young men- its Monty's birthday- have some class boys"

"Class" Jinn snickered, "like when you and pops hold yourselves up in the bedroom for days when one of you gets home form a business trip?"

"Boys" Harris laughed loudly-"come one! It's your youngest brothers 20th birthday"

"Fine" Jinn fake pouted, "Happy birthday Monty- one year closer to legally getting wasted" Jinn rose his glass of what Monty guessed was a mimosa- Abel rose his glass as well and Carson rolled his eyes.

"Both of you- chicken pen for the next month"

"Paw!" Jinn whined- "c'mon we were just having fun- Abel never brings anyone home and the girls are too young- and you guys have known Jill forever so it's no fun to tease me and her"