Lesson 2

Lesson 2

Monty paced back and forth in his room. Why did he say that! Why? He admitted that Adisa was attractive, more than that, he was the ray of sun you wish for after a day of rain, and he was the most beautiful human being Monty had ever seen.

Carson had called Monty after Montgomery told Adisa that he would teach him and summoned him to the red heads car, then they drove home and Montgomery went straight to his room, he was suspended from college for the rest of the week and would return to class on Monday but that was too long! He craved Adisa's voice near him, he'd just met the damn man and he was already so dependent on his presence in his life.

The night was restless for Monty, he tossed and turned, dreamt of Adisa sobbing for his gone lover, he wanted to reach out, twist his hands in Adisa's dreads and hold him close.

Montgomery woke with a start, Harris was next to him with wide eyes, his hand on his son's shoulder. Harris' big green eyes stared at his son and he sighed, sitting down on his son's bed, his lecture gone from his mind. Harris ran his hand over Monty's hair and frowned in concern.

"Are you okay M? That was quite the wake up" Harris asked in that soft voice that calmed all of the kids and Carson.

Montgomery flexed his hands, making fists in the sheets and he curled his toes, he whispered numbers and closed his eyes, trying to calm his body. Harris pet his son's hair, his hair was always his weak spot, one of the reason he hated to cut it. Montgomery groaned and turned over taking his father's hand with him, making sure it stayed embedded in his hair.

Harris hummed softly and rubbed circles on his troubled sons back, "What happened son?"

"Bad dream" Montgomery mumbled, he felt tears prick at his eyes, he hated bad dreams, he used to get night terrors and have panic attacks when the lights were off.

"It's okay, it was just a dream okay? You're here with your family, a family that loves you and will protect you" Harris soothed.

"Thank you papa" Montgomery whispered, he held onto his father's warmth and the door opened again.

"Well well, if it isn't my two favorite boys" Carson smiled and kissed Harris on the head and rubbed his shoulders, "are you alright Monty?" Carson asked noticing that his son was curled up and covered in blankets.

"Yeah" Monty sighed, "I'm okay, bad dream"

"Well there is someone here to see you, he might distract you from it"

"Who?" Monty sat up.

"Nation" Carson gave Montgomery a sly smile and Harris frowned.

"Adisa is here?" Monty sat up quickly, "Jesus I look a wreck"

"He's got that thing that you do" Carson told his husband, "When he gets flustered he talks in a country accent"

"We are going to the study" Harris shook his head at his husband's silliness, "behave, we are close by"

"I would say the same to you two" Monty laughed, "We all know what you're like when one of you gets back"

"Duck needs a bath" Harris frowned, "it's your job now" and with that eh left.

"No! c'mon! Duck is awful to bathe!" Monty fell back onto his bed and groaned.

"Why are you washing ducks?" Adisa's smooth voice made Monty's heart flutter.

"He's our dog" Monty said and hid his face in quilts to mask his blush.

"A dog named after a food? Such strangeness here" Adisa contemplated.

"Did you have a dog?" Monty asked and Adisa made the move to sit at Montgomery's desk chair and face the boy.

"We had wild dogs in my village, none were tamed though, that was rich man's luxury, and all the white men in our country had dogs"

"Are you scared of dogs?" Monty asked and he met Adisa's gaze and melted into the dark chocolate eyes that stared back at him.

"No, tame ones were always nice to me, my professor back in Gambia had a dog who had puppies, I didn't think animals could be so small."

"Then I have to show you something"

"What?" Montgomery stood up, his shirtless frame caused heat to rise in Adisa but Monty had no clue what he was making the black man hide. Monty grabbed Adisa's hand and pulled him down the stairs and outside towards the barn.

"Aren't your feet hurting?" Adisa asked Monty referring to his bare feet.

"Before I was 7 I walked on city streets with no shoes, a little dirt isn't going to hurt me!" Monty smiled, pushing the bad memories of a time before Carson and Harris out of his mind.

Monty dragged Adisa into the barn and climbed the ladder to the loft storage area. He let go of the older man and tip toed towards a nest of blankets and cloth.

"Sahara, nie gryzą , przyniosłem znajomego (Sahara, don't bite, I brought a friend)" Montgomery squatted and pet the head of a black and tan calico cat.

"What language are you speaking?" Adisa leaned over Monty, his dreads fanning over his face and he met eyes with the she-cat.

"Polish, i was born and-again before 7-raised by a polish orphanage in new england"

"Thats is interesting, i have never heard a european language" Adisa smiled, "What is the cat's name?"

"Sahara, like the desert"

"Yes, i have been"

"You've been to the Sahara?" Monty picked Sahara up and she curled up in his lap, he had plopped his butt on the hay and Adisa sat as well.

"Yes, i had to walk along the edge of it for a while to get to the embassy so i could come here" Adisa smiled and ran his hand over the cat, she purred and rolled so her belly was facing the boys, "she is very sweet"

"She's just tired" Monty smiled and reached over and picked up a mewling kitten form the bed, "theses four have been keeping her on her toes" Montgomery only had one kitten in his hand but he referenced the other three. The all black kitten mewled loudly, seeking warmth again, if Sahara hadn't fallen asleep again she would have been bothered to silence her kit.

"So tiny" Adisa gasped. He could probably fit three kittens in his hand so this one in his palm was like a sparrow on an elephant.

"That's Phoenix, he's the biggest, and the only boy"

"This is the biggest?" Adisa looked to Montgomery with wide eyes, "how? how do they survive the elements?"

"Well here, there aren't many, rain and some what but nothing extreme, and they have their mom, and us. We make sure they all get fed and have water and are clean"

"I bet the lions would love that treatment" Adisa chuckled.

"Do you wanna go back to Africa?" Montgomery suddenly asked but was also suddenly afraid of the answer, if it was yes and Adisa was ready to leave Monty behind, it would break his heart.

Monty was already very fond of Adisa. Adisa's eyes flooded with sadness, he held the kitten close to his heart and looked at Monty.

"I would love to, sadly i'm not allowed back in Gambia, the government isn't very accepting of homosexuals, but I would still love to help my people back there, any way I can"

Monty laced his fingers with Adisa's on his knee and squeezed.

"You'll do great things for them, I just know it."

Monty leaned over and kissed the corner of Adisa's full lips and Adisa pulled Montgomery to him and they settled while petting tiny fur balls, "your hope, it is infectious, thank you for your faith in me"

"I'm American, we are a country built of ballsy actions and blind faith in hope"