"I was in goal." Liam frowned even more.

"Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot go past you." Stiles murmured.

"Yeah, I was the goalie. You guys played this game before?" Liam asked.

"You're a freshman, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"But you weren't here last semester." Stiles said.

Liam shrugged. "I transferred from Devenford Prep."

I focused for a while, listening to his heartbeat.

"You transferred?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

His pulse raised, he was definitely lying. Stiles looked at me in confusion, wondering what I was thinking and I looked at Liam.

"No, you got kicked out, didn't you?" I asked him.

The boy looked at me for a moment before chuckling nervously. "Alright, look, kicked out, transferred, what do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?"

"No," Stiles said. "No, we don't need any more good players."

I shrugged. "Actually, we could sort of use a couple."

Stiles let out a sigh, looking at Liam. "Okay, how'd you get his good? Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night?" Stiles asked quickly and I widened my eyes. "Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods during the night of a full---"

"Stiles." I glanced at him.

"Hmm."

"Look, I learned from my stepfather, alright?" Liam looked at us. "He made team captain when he was a sophomore. Like you." He said and turned to look at Stiles. "And, yeah, I guess I'm just that good." He grabbed his stuff and left.

I smiled as he left and Stiles approached me. "He wasn't lying that time." I said.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

cassie

I was walking into the classroom and I saw Malia at the door, Stiles was right behind me as we talked about dad hiding the bills even though we would find them when Malia turned around to leave the classroom. Stiles frowned, grabbing her shoulder and dragging her back into the classroom.

"I hate math. It's pointless." She told us.

"It's school." I told her as I sat next to in front of Scott.

"School is important, and math is essential." Stiles told her, making her sit down in front of him.

"To wha?¿" She asked him.

"Knowing how much to tip at restaurants." He winked at her and I chuckled.

Lydia turned to look at them. "And other less important things like medicine, economics, engineering."

Stiles nodded, looking at Malia again. "Tipping."

"Alright, volunteers to the board." Ms. Fleming said. "Lydia, Diego, Cassidy, Luke, Malia."

I stood up, holding my notebook as Malia looked up at the teacher. "Um... I didn't volunteer."

"You did now. To the board." Ms. Fleming said.

I walked towards the board and I saw Malia turning around to look at Stiles, who gave her a thumbs up but I guess she was angry because his smile disappeared as she walked towards the board.