↠ 4 ↞

Right as I closed my door it opened. I turned to see Mark standing there. He just won't give me break. He closed the behind him. Mark grabbed my wrist pulling me to him. He wrapped his arms around me. I didn't even bother to fight him. I rested my head on his shoulder. 

"We're in this together Jayda." He whispered. "You're not alone." 

I didn't know what to say. My whole life is going to change. 

"I won't leave you." He rubbed my back. 

"You will." I sighed. "I won't get attached, because they always leave." 

He grabbed my shoulders looking me into my eyes. His brown eyes met mine. 

"Who hurt you?" He mumbled. "How made you think that?" 

I gave him a weak smile. I wasn't ready to talk about my past. I wrapped my arms around him hugging him. All I need is a hug right now. A long one. 

"I'll never leave you Jayda." His voice was soft in my ear. 

"Never say never." I whispered. 

He chuckled a little bit. 

"I promise you, Jayda Walker. I will not abandon you. This is my responsibility and I'm going to take of it." He his eyes scanned my face. "And you." 

My heart skipped a beat. How can he say that and he doesn't even know me? Would he abandon me like my parents did? Tears fell just thinking about me. 

"Shh." He rubbed my back. 

"Mark?" I looked up at him. "I'm tired." 

He nodded. 

"I'll go." He let go of me. 

"That's the thing. I don't want you too." My eyes searched his. 

He smiled and nodded. He grabbed my hand and we walked to my bed. I watched as she took off his shoes and got comfortable. I climbed in next to him cuddling close to him. He wrapped his arms and legs around me. I felt safe in his arms. He was like my shield from the bad things. I slowly drifted off to sleep as he hummed and drew circles on my hand. 

"Mom? Dad?" I ran through the house. "This isn't funny." I began to panic as I couldn't find them. My mind and heart racing with time. I checked every room. They were gone. Without a word. They left me. Alone. I'm not ready for the world. I'm only ten. Tears streamed down my face as I balled up in the corner. 

I woke up screaming with tears. Mark and the boys rushed in. Mark pulled me into his arms. I calmed down to his touch. 

"Shh. It was just a nightmare." He rubbed my back. 

Mayla walked in. Her sad look on her face telling me that she knew what I dreamed about. I wiped my tears. 

"Are you okay?" She asked me. 

I nodded, knowing I wasn't. She smiled and shook her head. She looked at Mark and back at me. 

"Tell him." She walked out taking the boys with her. "Oh and we ordered pizza and wings." 

The closed. We were left alone. I sighed and looked at him. 

"Well since you're going to stay by side. I guess I should tell you my past." I sighed. 

"I'm listening." He faced me. 

"When I was ten my parents left me. I woke up them gone. I was scared and alone. I wasn't found until an electrician came because the bill wasn't paid." I held back the tears. "I was put into a foster home. I wasn't adopted or even paid any acknowledge too. I was starved to death. I tired to end it all but someone found me and stopped me. I was put in an hospital, once I was better they put me back in the same foster home but this time they abused me because of what I did." The tears fell freely. "Once I turned eighteen they put me out. I didn't know anything the real world." I sighed. "I was left scared and alone once again." 

"Jayda." Mark cupped my cheek. 

"I'm not finished." I blinked. "Once I got my life to together. I tried dating." I laughed and shook my head. "They all used me. I was never loved. No one never loved me." 

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. 

"So please me, spare me the heart ache and leave now, if you don't plan on staying forever." I blinked letting the tears fall. 

"Jayda." I grabbed my hand squeezing it tight, I could tell he was holding back tears. "I told you that I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to love you and pick up the piecing that you never picked up." 

My eyes searched his. Love me? 

-*-*-*- 

Quote: I've always been the dark with light somewhere in the distance