Chapter 33

Willow's POV

I honestly don't know why I was so scared. I told my mum everything that happened and she was so supportive. She didn't disown me or see me as a failure.

"So where is this bundle of joy called Isaac? I want to meet my grandson." Mum says while laughing.

We've spent the last hour and a half up in her room, catching up on the last year and a bit.

"I actually don't know. I know that makes me sound like such a bad person but stuff happened when I first arrived."

"Stuff? Please elaborate."

"Well I didn't do what Matt said to and he got really annoyed at me. Then he got sick of me talking and gave me to some other guy. And then you know, stuff happened and I kinda knocked him out-"

"Whoa you knocked a guy out? Who was he?" My mum interrupts.

"I think his name was Luca or something-"

"You knocked out Luca!? Oh god. I raised a strong independent women." Mum interrupts me again.

"You know Luca? How do you know him?"

"I spent some time with him before I met your dad."

"Some time?" I ask. "I feel like there's something more to this story."

"Well maybe there is. I was kidnapped when I was sixteen, had to stay at Luca's apartment, tried to escape hundreds of times, didn't work well and I was handcuffed to him whenever we were asleep. Then Luca had an accident, I had to stay with someone else, I escaped from there, I was found, I was taken back to their boss' house and that's where I met your dad. His uncle was the boss of this place before he stepped down and Saladin took his place. Then Saladin took me back to Italy and I had to stay with his family. He blackmailed me into saying we had a relationship going so I didn't look suspicious. I couldn't tell them I was kidnapped by them. Anyway, I spent my time at Saladin's house and things were ok, I guess. They could of been worst. That's what I was focusing on. Boxing Day was when things went bad. I got drunk at a party and Saladin took advantage of that. I was so drunk and I wasn't thinking. It's not Saladin's fault. I was drunk and apparently told him that I wanted it. Even though a drunken yes should be taken as a no. Anyway, I got pregnant with your brother and I ran. Got a normal life until Saladin found me. He took me back with him and the kids. I had four step kids at the stage as well. Saladin came in later that night and had been drinking. He started beating me up and blaming me for everything that had happened. I stood up to him and then things got heated. Then I got pregnant with you and ran again." Mum explains. "Does that answer everything?"

I just stare at her. Wow. She's been through a lot as well.

"Wow Mum. I thought I had a shit life. You've been through shit as well." I finally say.

"I've survived through it all. Although these last few months have been a bit hard with Saladin."

"He sounds like a difficult man at times. How is he my dad?"

"A stupid mistake. I don't know what I was thinking when I fell in love with him. He changed a lot after I ran away from him the second time. I'm really sorry you got caught up in all of this. It's all my fault. I shouldn't of gotten drunk. I'm really sorry." Mum apologises.