30

Dylan POV

Derek, Spencer, Peter and I were all standing in the small cell with the rogue Henry sitting on the floor with his back to the wall in a state of shock. He probably never thought his beloved leader would turn on him and try to kill him.

"Dustin he's... he's" Henry spoke a little while later still slightly dazed by everything.

"He's dead" Spencer clarified "he wasn't able to make it. The doctors pronounced him dead as soon as he reached the hospital"

"He has a mate and children" muttered Henry slowly getting up. His eyes began to glow red the daze turning into deadly anger.

"Vincent promised us he'd protect us. That was the very reason why we followed him so he could protect our families! HE PROMISED NEVER TO TEAR FAMILIES APART!!" Screamed Hank almost shifting.

"You never thought once that by blindly attacking a powerful pack would put you and your families in more danger than before?" asked Spencer. It was an obvious question but Henry seemed taken aback by it.

"I... I.. we" he stuttered trying to explain it to us but seemed like he didn't have the answer himself.

"You never thought once that by trusting a complete stranger as a rogue that would compromise your position even more?" Spencer question further. Henry seemed too dumbfounded by all this not being able to speak coherently let alone give us an answer.

"Vincent is blessed by the red moon did he tell you anything about that?" I spoke up this time.

"Yes he did said he was born to lead and would bring us out of the darkness" said Henry.

"Did you know he had the power to mislead, create chaos and hypnotise werewolves?" I asked

"What!" Exclaimed Henry

"How do you think he was able to get the guards to help him escape and kill Dustin?" Peter pointed out.

"You mean he had us hypnotised too?" asked Henry

"Well I don't think he hypnotised you technically but he did have all of you under his control or spell if you may" explained Spencer "if you really want to help the rest of your group I suggest you help us in stopping Vincent. Firstly by telling us everything you know"

"I don't know much he just gave out orders and we complied" shrugged Henry

"The informant do you know anything about him?" I asked

"Vincent always went alone to meet the informant but he wouldn't move until he got the signal from him" said Henry

"Signal?" I asked

"Yes on the day we attacked the informant flashed a torch in a distance and that was our signal to go" explained Henry.

"Where's Scott he might be able to tell us who wasn't attending that day" I asked Spencer

"He had to leave Aria mindlinked and he left without explaining much" said Spencer. A pang of jealousy came over me thinking of Aria and Scott together. I trusted her but I didn't like other male wolves around her either especially that Scott.

"Do you know of any weakness or something that Vincent kept away from?" Asked Derek

"Nothing fazed him especially during the red moon but he did tell us to stay away from wolfsbane saying it weakened werewolves" said Henry

"Wolfsbane doesn't make you weak it's used to heal wounds and to help old people with joint pain" Derek said

"Yes and it's also used to ward of evil" added Spencer "maybe that's why he told them to keep away from it as it would break his control over them"

"Well it's a good thing you have a field full of wolfsbane" I said "tell Bryon to give it everyone in the pack a potion of wolfsbane so they are unaffected by Vincent's powers"

"Seems like a plan" said Derek with a grin.

"I'll call Aria to come over here immediately" I said taking out my phone and dialling her number to my surprise it was off. A bad feeling came over me and I wasn't going to take any chances when it came to Aria. I almost lost her the other day and I'll be damned if a hair on her head was disturbed. My anger was probably showing as I started breathe loudly my wolf peeking through.

"Dylan I think she's alright Scott is with her.." Peter said trying to calm me down.

"WHAT IF SCOTT IS THE INFORMANT THAT PUTS HER IN EVEN MORE DANGER!" I yelled. Not waiting a second more I shifted and let my wolf lead me to my mate.

Hey guys sorry if the chapter was a little subpar I was in no mood to write a chapter but thought it might help me to focus on something else and keep my mind busy. I just lost my bestfriend who was suffering from leukaemia I.... hope you guys understand because honestly I've written and rewritten this part five time now. I don't know how to explain it because it's still all raw to me hope you I understand. Just pray that she rest in peace. Thank you.