14

Dylan POV

I woke up with the image of Aria still in mind looking around I saw that I was in a hospital room and my hands and feet were chained to a bed.

"ARIA!" I screamed her name pulling at the chains and they broke into pieces like putty.

"Dylan!" Peter entered the room frantically I held him by the collar in anger.

"Why. Did. You. Stop. Me?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"It was the only way otherwise you would've declared war against your mate by crossing into her land without permission" reasoned Peter

"SHE'S MINE!" I yelled

"I know buddy but you're not in your right mind just let me go for a minute" he pleaded I let go pushing him away in the process.

"I need to see her!" I said punching the wall causing a dent the size of my hand in the concrete wall.

"Good god man! And I thought I was irrational after meeting Chloe calm down bro! We'll find a way but you need to keep a straight head" said Peter. I closed my eyes and breathed through my nostrils trying to calm myself down but it wasn't working.

"Hey buddy" Talon came into the room that second. I growled at him angrily. "I see we're still in a grouchy mood"

"Did you manage to get a hold of Philip?" Peter asked Talon

"Yup and he won't be coming here" said Talon "ever" he added

"What! He's the messenger between both packs that's his job" I said in frustration

"He is but he belongs to Noctis remember and Philip told me he was relieved of his duties and that there would be no communication between our packs from now on period" explained Talon

"Who gave out the order?" I asked angrily

"Well Aria is the Alpha" Talon shrugged I grabbed him by the neck and pushed him against the wall.

"I don't want you to say her name again" I warned before letting him go "She's Mine!"

"Bro" he said between coughs "what's wrong with you?" He coughed again wheezing slightly "She's your mate I'd never think of her in such a way"

"But you did when you met her remember" I spat

"At least he wasn't making out with her when you found her like me" Peter defended Talon "and I forgave you for that remember"*

"Yeah you had Chloe up in a corner when Peter found out she was his mate yet he didn't try to kill you" said Talon rubbing his neck.

"Shut up" Peter growled not liking being reminded of that day.

"Shut up both of you!" I yelled still unable to control my anger "I need to see her"

Just then Talon's phone binged and he took out the phone to see who sent him the text.

"Well I guess the fire burns on both sides" said Talon breaking out into a grin

"What are talking about?" asked Peter to which Talon held up his phone for us to see.

Tell Dylan to meet me after midnight a mile into no man's land at the very edge of the border to the west near the cliffs.
-Aria

I snatched the phone from Talon and taped my reply in like crazy.

I'm going over there right now I'll be waiting for you
-Dylan

"You're seriously going there now! She said after midnight Dylan it's barely past eight" said Peter looking at his watch.

"I can't stand to be a second away from her" I said shaking my head "I prefer waiting for her there than sitting here doing nothing"

"But how do we even know it's her? It could be a trap" said Talon

"I said I am going and I am going now ALONE so no one follow me or come after me" I said looking at them firmly "that's an order"

I didn't wait for them to say something back exiting the hospital making my way towards no man's land. I didn't shift but walked there in my wolf form because our scent is more discreet that way. I didn't want to tip Aria's border patrol off since I was going there so early.

A mile into no man's land I stopped and sat on a log a few feet away from the cliffs while the sea roared behind me. Looking at my watch, I saw it was just half past ten so I decide to wait patiently till she came. Not ten minutes later I heard footsteps coming my way. It was too early for Aria to come so I crouched ready to jump on whoever it was but as the person neared I saw that it was none other than my mate. Aria came into view and I froze still in a crouching position she looked at me in a confused manner.

"Umm I would reconsider attacking" she said "you wouldn't want to get beat up by your mate would you?"

I broke out into a smile and straightened up. Feisty I thought I like that.

"I thought you were a patrol wolf from your pack my patrolling wolves have been ordered to steer clear of this area" I said getting up scratching the back of my head "plus no offence but even if I did attack you you wouldn't stand a chance"

She just stared at me with her arms crossed and god did she look hot.

"Of course that look could make any man wave a white flag" I said grinning at her like crazy she tried to hide it but a smile broke out on her face.

"Want to have a seat?" I said motioning towards the log. She silently went over and sat down and I soon followed like the love sick puppy I was.

"We need to talk about this Dylan" she said looking down at her hands. The moonlight reflected her beautiful skin just adding to her beauty "you're listening aren't you?"

"Uh.. yeah talk about this okay" I fumbled like an idiot.

"You know how my pack feels about you and your pack don't you" She said looking at me intently.

"What do you think about me?" I asked back

"You don't get to answer a question with another question" she said

"Fine I don't care all I care is what you think" I admitted "now your turn"

She looked away at a loss for words I took the moment to take her hand in mine. She looked down to our hands then connected her eyes with mine.

"I need to know what you feel Aria" I said looking at her intently.

*Chapter 25, Mind vs. Mate