34

Aria POV

The forest fell silent only the chirping of crickets and the distant owl hoots. Dylan and I are at a secluded area of the forest where a small stream flows and fireflies are dancing around. I hold my hand out under a firefly only to have it fly away sensing it. I look over to Dylan who is leaning on looking at me intently.

"You don't plan on staying at a ten feet radius all night do you?" I tease to which he chuckles lightly looking down.

"Do you really want to do this? We could wait if you want to. I don't want you to feel forced into anything." He said walking closer to me.

"Don't you think we've waited long enough" I say taking two steps forward closing the distance between us.

"I couldn't agree more with that but with everything happening in both our packs.." Dylan starts to say but I stop him by placing my finger over his lips.

"Dylan, tonight lets just focus on us. I don't care what tomorrow brings whether I stay alpha or they vote me out. All I know is that from this point forward I want you by my side every step of the way" I admit grabbing his hand and placing it on my cheek. Dylan starts to rub his thumb over my lips moving it down towards my chin his eyes never once leaving mine.

"You are my everything" he says leaning down into my neck placing a small kiss "all my life" he starts to trail kisses upwards toward my jaw. I grab his shoulders and dig my nails into them feeling myself go weak in the knees. "Everything I've done every step I've took" once we're facing each other again he pauses looking into my eyes "has lead to me to this very moment. You Alpha Aria are my purpose in life" he says before crashing his lips with mine.

I don't say anything more and neither does he, no words were needed after that we let our bodies do the talking. The world might have crumbled around us and we wouldn't have noticed that was how engrossed we were in each other only coming back to focus once we were done.

Dylan combed his fingers through my hair lightly as I rested my head on his shoulder our bodies still slightly entwined laying on the ground. The stream running peacefully besides us we both stayed silent enjoying our moments together.

"Dylan" I mutter into his chest not looking up he's hmm to tell me he's listening "why didn't you mark me?"

He chuckles slightly at my question. I look up at him narrowing my eyes at him but my mouth fails me and breaks into a smile.

"What's so funny? You have to mark me to complete the mating process" I say

"Yes but you also become a part of my pack automatically and lose your title as alpha" he explained

"I know that" I said with a heavy sigh "but doesn't that leave our bond incomplete"

"Does it feel incomplete to you?" He asked running his hand over my face with a teasing smile. I shook my head telling him no. "There's your answer"

"It's almost dawn" I says observing the dark blue night turning into a pale bluish grey.

"We have to go back to our packs soon" Dylan said disappointment laced in his words

"The pack takes their votes today" I remind myself more than him

"And I have to take care of Redford's funeral. Michael must be a mess and Carrie must have her hands full with him" Dylan says

"A few minute more just till sunrise" I suggest to which he smiles and I place my head back on his shoulder his hand goes back to playing with my hair as we  silently savour this moment.

*******************

Whew!! Long time no update.

 I know but I have a perfectly logical reason why

I know but I have a perfectly logical reason why. The thing is I thought that this chapter would be about Dylan and Aria being interrupted (after the whole "make me yours" thing) to be dragged back to their packs and going back to their alpha duties but every single time I wrote a paragraph I would hate it. Delete it, rewrite it, delete it again, rewrite again and this went on for awhile. In between I gave up thinking I needed time then almost two months in the light bulb in my head finally turned on. If I hated them being a part why don't I bring them together. I mean it's my story right and that's when you finally got an update. Vote for it if you thought it was worth the wait, share to tell your friends, and comment to let me know about your thoughts.

I'll stop with the gifs now

I'll stop with the gifs now. Thanks for all your support and patience.