2

Dylan POV

"We're almost there Alpha" said Spencer as I sat in the backseat slouched playing with my iPad.

"Great" I muttered indifferently "hey Peter look I'm about to beat my own high score" I nudged my bestfriend.

"Give me that" Peter said snatching the iPad from my hand

"Hey! Wait your turn" I yelled

"Dylan you're about to reach your new pack. These people have suffered years of tyranny what do you think will go through their minds when they see their new alpha walk in while playing candy crush on his iPad" ranted Peter

"Bro I was just playing candy crush because I had to wait for my peppers to grow over at FarmVille." I clarified

"Peter is right Alpha the wolves here at Bridgestone aren't going to trust you easily" added Spencer

"Guys I've got this" I said snatching back my iPad from Peter "Dylan Black knows how to roll just sit back and watch the show"

"Chloe has been texting me like crazy I can't believe you made me send her in the other car with Talon" said Peter looking at all the texts his mate had sent him.

"There was no room in this car" I said outstretching my leg. As if I'd let that annoying squeaky voiced woman my bestfriend calls his mate ride with us for nine whole hours I would much rather have a hot rod pushed into my ear.

"We're here" Spencer said excitedly. I sat up and admired my new pack sure it was small but it sure was beautiful and the weather was nice too. I'm going to like it here I thought. At least I would be far far away from my three annoying sisters and that alone was enough to call Bridgestone heaven.

The car stopped in front of a large red brick house which was probably the pack house. There was a large crowd standing outside the pack house all waiting for their new alpha. Someone opened the door for me and I stepped outside as I put on my shades.

"Welcome Alpha Dylan" a well built man around my father's age with a scar running diagonally from his left ear to his right cheek greeted me "I'm Redford I was head soldier under the old alpha but I'm here with the entire pack to show you our allegiance"

"Thank you Redford" I looked over towards the rest of the crowd "Everyone here might have their reservations about me but I assure you I'm no tyrant like Lionel neither am I careless. With your support I'm going to rebuild Bridgestone and make it one of the most powerful packs in America but before I can do that I need to know if you all are with me"

The crowd was silent and after a few seconds that seemed to drag on an old man with a walking stick came forward.

"Alpha Dylan we don't strive for power we just want peace" the old man said "we've already seen a power hungry alpha destroy us I don't think we can go through with it again"

I put a hand on the old man's shoulder he flinched probably thinking I was going to strike him.

"May I know your name, Sir?" I asked the old man he looked shocked as I called him sir it took him time to recover and answer me.

"My name is Abraham" he said

"Well Elder Abraham the power I'm talking about isn't the kind of power you gain by fear it's the power you gain by being a unit, by supporting and uplifting each other" I explained "I want to rebuild the pack's schools, restart trade with other packs, give each and every member jobs and a rank and most importantly I want to make this place a safe haven for every member of my pack new and old"