7

Dylan POV

I stood leaning against the back side of the couch looking out towards the glass door leading to the patio. It was raining hard as the thunder roared through the dark night the rain smashing into the glass door. Peter and Talon were sitting behind me on the couch while Redford sat on the sofa to the side. Talon had arrived two hours ago and told me everything that happened I called Redford over but he had yet to know why. I needed answers to why they let all of the crimes against Noctis Insulam happen. Why did they remain silent when he was slowly massacring an entire pack? I felt disgusted with myself for continually asking for an alliance and inadvertently freshening their wounds.

"I have a feeling why you called me here Alpha" Redford said after I remained silent he continued "Lionel he was a good Alpha in the beginning loved by all. He and his mate were the perfect Alpha and Luna but when the Luna died giving birth to Richard that very day the Alpha changed. I was probably the first to see it, I saw it in his eyes it was like he had this void in him that could never be filled. At first he tried bed other women but they could never replace the Luna then he felt the pack was too small for him he needed a bigger powerful pack and he set his eyes on Noctis. He convinced everyone that he just wanted to takeover the pack peacefully but he showed his true madness by burning their arena down on the very first attack. Everyone began to fear him seeing his madness he sensed it could smell it a mile away and began feeding off of it. Neither anyone in his pack or Noctis Insulam was safe from him."

Redford paused before continuing.

"He was our Alpha and we did as he ordered even if we knew it was wrong we still did it. I have done many things I regret each and every day there isn't a day that goes by that I am not haunted by the screams." Redford closed his eyes and a stray tear fell down his cheek "I know you are not the same as Lionel but you still are my Alpha and I am here to serve you but.... but Alpha I don't want to be a fighter anymore neither do I wish for my son to be one. I want to be a normal wolf live out my life away from the battlefield. Deep down I know I don't deserve it but I strive for a peaceful last few years with my family. Maybe by giving up my rank something that has been a factor of pride in my family for over a century I'll be able to repay for past sins" finished off Redford.

I realised he knew nothing of Talon meeting Aria and just wanted not to be appointed Head of the Army a position I was considering giving to him.

"Why didn't you rebel against him?" Peter asked

"If I could go back in time I would tell my younger self to kill him the day the Luna died but at the time we all felt we had no other choice and that this was our destiny. Good or bad we had to accept it" admitted Redford

"How did you get the scar?" Asked Talon. Redford turned pale and looked towards the ground.

"Answer him" I ordered

"The Luna of Noctis Insulam gave it to me when we attacked her home while Alpha Jacob was in battle at the fields near the road connecting both packs. She was pregnant at the time and put up a fight in order to protect her unborn baby wounding me and anyone else that neared her it was the only time Lionel got his hands dirty and finished her off himself. She was expecting a boy he'd be Michael's age if we hadn't" Redford wasn't able to finish "I'm a burden more than asset Alpha just a shell of a man. I'm not even a wolf just a soul less body. I'm of no use to to you"

"Leave I have no intention of giving you a rank now" I told him and he silently got up to leave.

"I really hope someday Alpha Aria accepts the alliance maybe then I'll really be able to make up for past sins by doing the right thing by them for once" he said before walking out of the pack house.

"Man this place is messed up" Peter said after Redford left.

"Everyone here is just as guilty as Lionel" said Talon.

"What they did was inexcusable but I can't turn my back on them. This is my pack now and I'm responsible for them. I'll have to make it clear to them that I'm having none of their past behaviour towards Noctis Insulam and if anyone wants to continue with their old ways then they can leave my pack" I said

"But what about Noctis Insulam are you going to try again for an alliance?" Asked Peter

"For now let's give them time to heal as Aria requested but I do want to bring it up in the future. I won't feel like I've done my job till I have fixed it the relationship between both packs" I admitted

"Well we can think about that tomorrow" said Peter getting up and stretching his arms "Chloe has been texting like crazy I'm going over to her k guys"

"I can't believe she said I'm your second bestfriend" whined Talon

"You're my best bro Talon don't worry just don't find a mate and leave me like Peter did" I said plopping down next to him on the couch.

"Nah mates aren't my thing" said Talon "but..."

"Oh hell no! You did not just add a but to that sentence" I said in shock

"Relax bro" laughed Talon "it's just you ever see a girl and feel damn I wish she could be my mate?"

"Nope" I answered quickly

"Well I got that feeling for the first time today" admitted Talon

"Aria?" I asked feeling a pang of jealousy when he nodded for some reason.

"Man she was smart, beautiful, elegant and had a great body. I mean she was a complete package plus that bright red hair just added to her beauty" said Talon "her mate is going to be one hell of a lucky dude"

"Get to bed unlucky Talon. Your not making any sense to me anymore" I said feeling slightly annoyed with him.

Instead of going up to my room I went into my office. Rummaging through my top drawer I pulled out the card Philip had given me. Dialling the number I waited till someone picked up.

"Hello" I heard someone's voice over the phone just by hearing her voice I froze momentarily forgetting what I was doing or where I was.

"Hello" I heard her say again snapping me back into reality

"Hello" I said "may I talk to Alpha Aria Knight"

"I am Aria Knight may I know who is speaking?" She asked

"I'm Dylan. Dylan Black"

***********

OMG! It's a cliffhanger and I haven't even started on the next chapter. Not to worry though I'll update soon just not soon enough till then please vote, comment and please share the story. You might wonder why I don't end with bye lovelies or something like that I find that so cringey that I can't just can't. So I'll just say bye and.... Mona Pedro out. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️Ugh I'm going to puke.