5

Aria POV

I looked at my watched it was quarter past eight. Most of the pack must have already arrived for the meeting I thought.

Philip had come late in the afternoon Alpha Dylan wanted to send a mediator a friend of his from his old pack. After thinking about it for a while I told Philip to go over to Bridgestone and inform them that the mediator can come tomorrow alone. I knew my first day would be hard but not this hard. Even before Philip came along I was busy initiating the reconstruction of the pack's buildings and homes. I called the meeting tonight to assign jobs to anyone capable of helping during the construction.

"You going to tell them?" Asked Bryon my third in command

"No because my decision will remain the same mediator or no mediator" I admitted

"You're right they'll just worry for no reason" added Scott "I've already instructed Philip that he is to come at noon to the guarded gate to the north and we'll be talking on our side"

"Have you told border patrol to keep their mouths shut?" I asked Scott

"Aria I doubt they'll talk at all after the warning I gave them" laughed Scott

"Seriously Scott, I didn't mean for you to scare them that much" I scolded him

"Yeah but it's more fun that way" he said grinning like a kid.

"You're impossible you know that" I said shaking my head "everyone is probably outside we should get going"

As it wasn't a big occasion, I just called for everyone to be assembled outside the pack house and sure enough most of the pack was there. Joseph Denby and Brie were sitting right in front I didn't say anything the first time they meddled in my decisions during the ceremony but if they dared do it again I was sure to teach them their place.

"Hey you mutts, quiet down the alpha is here" shouted George to the crowd as I came out of the pack house.

"Good evening everyone, you must be wondering why I've called all of you over. You might have noticed Scott or Bryon walking around the pack surveying our buildings and homes well it's because I want to start reconstruction as soon as possible. But I can't do this alone I need your help so I decided to assign jobs for each and every one of you during the reconstruction process. We need able men and women for construction, women to prepare food for everyone, and we also need the help of our elders with their memories we are going to recreate the beauty our pack was once known for" the crowd cheered as I finished my speech.

"We have waited decades for the pack to return to its final glory. All of us old and young will help" said George on behalf of the entire pack.

"Yes, yes of course. Each and everyone of us will help Alpha" agreed Denby for once "but forgive me Alpha our pack is on the brink of poverty as is how will we cover the expenses for the reconstruction?" He asked slyly.

"Well I'm happy to inform you Denby that trade has already restarted. The wild flowers that have grown on our fields are in high demand and I've already got three packs interested in them. As you know wild flowers are used for different kinds of remedies for our kind and are very hard to find. With the wild flower trade we'll easily cover the necessary reconstruction and the rest we'll do in time" I relplied. Denby fought a scowl before he gave me a smile.

"Very well, Alpha" he mumbled before sitting down gruffly.

"Now everyone who wants to help with construction form a line to the right" Scott said. Most of the crowd got up and made their way to the right of course I wasn't going to use all of them but just seeing all the support made my heart swell with pride.