Chapter 11 | Proper introductions

A new world | West household (Barry POV)

Until now everything worked out just fine. It felt so great to finally meet my family again. But I also noticed that Kara was nervous around them so I decided to help her out of it and I showed her around Central City.

After some time under the sun she was able to see properly again and we decided to head back to Joe's house with some pizzas. Everyone was waiting for Kara and me already. So I placed down the pizzas on the table and we joined them in the living room.

I could tell that Kara was nervous so I hugged her again and said.

"Don't worry, they will love you like I do."

When Kara saw the others she immediately froze on spot and turned to me again.

"Tell me I'm not hallucinating!" she shouted

"What? Kara everything is fine. What's wrong?" I asked slightly worried

"What's wrong?! Why is Iris West sitting in the living room? I am dreaming aren't I?" Kara asked

Now I was really confused and by the looks of the others in the living room they were as well.

"What's the problem with that?" I asked still not seeing the problem

"She is my role model! She won two pulitzers on my earth. Oh my, please help me Rao." Kara said while looking towards the ceiling.

I simply laughed while seeing Kara getting stressed once again. I tugged an arm around her and walked towards the others and sat her down next to Iris.

"No pulitzer here now. But maybe in the future." I said

Iris simply smiled at Kara and Kara did the same. I was glad that they got along so well immediately, after all Iris and I started to develop something before I left. But these thoughts were long forgotten.

"So how have you two met?" asked Caitlin, pulling Kara and Iris out of her talk about journalism

"Well, I was spat out on this new earth and I ran towards this city called National City. And suddenly she stood there. She wanted to arrest me, but well I ran away." I explained. The others looked at Kara waiting for an explanation so she said.

"Well I had the order to take you in for questioning. I told you that, but you decided that I had to catch you first. But then you caught me first" Kara laughed

Kara looked around the house spotting a few old family pictures. She smiled at me and said.

"This reminds me so much of the Danvers house. It's beautiful." she said

The others noticed that the situation started to get a bit strange again and I was glad that Joe broke the silence.

"So Kara, how is life on your earth?"

"Well, National City is a lot like Central City maybe not that many skyscrapers but it's still beautiful plus I have already seen three donut stores. I haven't seen any aliens around which is strange because there were always aliens around National City."

Kara wanted to continue but she noticed the looks the others gave her. It was something between confusion and believing that Kara was insane.

"Kara I honestly forgot to tell you that there are no aliens on this earth. At least no one knows about that." I said

"So there are really aliens out there?" asked Cisco who started to geek out immediately

Kara only looked at me and we both smiled at the irony.