Track one: detention flashback

Belle's POV

He always sat in the back while I was here; in the front closest to the door. But now he's gone; and I can't do anything about it.
Now I'm here, sitting in detention where we first met. Where we first kissed; where he first gave me his mixtape. But he isn't here; as I said before; Luke's gone and not coming back.

He..destroyed everything inside me. Found all my weak spots as his advantage and literally killed me with it. I can never forgive him.

Flashback.

"So out of two thousand people in this school, only two have been misbehaving? You, Hemmings what did you do this time?" Mr. Cale says pointing to the guy in the back; I turn my head to see his head resting on his desk, sleeping maybe? He looks up at me, making eye contact less than 5 seconds and to the teacher who interrupted whatever the hell he was doing.

"I punched a kid in calculus." He says causing Mr.Cale to cover up his laughter by disturbing coughs.

"You shouldn't do that Hemmings, you know that." He says in a straight face; wow okay. He looks to me now asking for what I did.

I yelled at the teacher for not believing in human rights. I didn't yell, I stood for what I believed. And I finally had enough of what she said after all the weeks of sitting in class hearing her ramble of why gay people couldn't live. So I stood up for the 6 gay kids in my class, because I couldn't stand to see them crying all the time.

"So, what did you do?" 'Hemmings' asked me. I just shook my head and covered my face in my arms. Yeah. I don't talk much. I finally realize who the boy was, Luke Hemmings. His dad's a doctor, one of the best, apparantly and his mums..I dont really know what she does.

"Okay, I think you two are fine, and won't jump out the window so; stay here for the next hour until detention ends. I'm gonna go grab timmies, I'll be back, no funny business." Mr Cale puts his hands in his pockets and heads out for the door.

I rest my head on my desk and enjoy the silence, until Luke threw a crumpled piece of paper at me; and him telling me to open it as soon as I got hit.

Do you talk? Xx.

I just look at him and put my head back on the desk. I can talk but I choose not to, and I know what Luke wants and it's just to get into my pants, so I do what I do to shut him out.

The infamous Luke Hemmings, as cheesy as it sounds, he usually got into girls pants, hearing what all the other girls say in the change room, he was nothing but a douche bag.

Every paper he threw landed on the floor and stayed unread, I don't care. I'm just gonna wait until the hour's over; I put 'all apologies' by nirvana on my phone and stick my earphones in my ears putting the music on full blast.

I could hear Luke trying to yell over the music I was listening to, but I kept my eyes closed trying to listen to the lyrics; until that is. He pulls my earphones out of my ears and looks at me surprised.

"You listen to nirvana? I've never seen a girl actually listen to them before; usually just to wear them on shirts and such and-"

"I'm back my students! Look I brought timbits, Hemmings you get 2 and ..." Mr.Cale looks at me; hoping I'd tell him my name. Don't teachers give other teachers like slips or something? 'Cause anyone could totally just ditch detention.

"Bella" I say quietly; but loud enough for both Mr. Cale and Luke to hear.

"Bella, oh okay, well Bella; you could have as much as you want." Mr. Cake smiles at me; I manage to give him a fake; but believing smile in return.

well, that was an interesting detention; it being the first, I would say I terribly hated it; and the people in it, probably not Mr. Cale. Anyways, I  grab my bag and exit the school, entering the parking lot; a familiar voice stops me

"Bella!" the familiar voice yells across the parking lot, I don't turn around to face the blue-eyed boy but stop walking for him to catch up to me. I look at him as I cross my arms over my chest before he continues.

"Are you walking home?" he asks me puting both his hands in the pockets of his black skinny jeans; I shake my head pointing toward the city bus stop.

"Oh, cool I'm taking the bus too." he says taking one hand out to adjust his plain back shirt; I know he's lying considering he's practically the richest kid in school, who comes out his shiny black car like Edward Cullen. I shake my head, fold my arms across my chest; and I point at the shiny black Volvo parked a couple feet away from us.

"I-uh-er... Do you not talk at all or-" He does his best trying to change the subject; but I have no more patience for Luke. I make him trail off during a story I wasn't really paying attention to by leaving; I've had enough of people asking me this; 'are you a mute' 'can you understand me?'. I head toward the bus which was now parked at the end of the curb.

Michael my best friend yells at me

"Bella! Lets go we haven't got forever!" yes, my best friend is a bus driver; he dropped out of high school, and ended up working for the city bus, 'Michael Clifford the bus driver."  aha, has a funny ring to it.

I start walking toward the bus until I feel an arm wrapped around my wrist; I flinch in response.

"Oh I-i'm sorry, did I hurt you?" Luke asks me with guilty eyes; I fake a smile and shake my head no, and of course, dim-witted guys like him believe it. I point at my watch, telling him that I really needed to go, and he did.

But before he did; he yelled

"The song you were listening to is from '94!" I looked at him and shrugged with an actual smile on my face.

"Everyone knows 'Interstate Love Song' by Stone Temple pilots is the best! Nirvana died a long time ago!" he screams to the bus which was going down the road; he did his best catching up.

flashback over

But everyone knows he never actually caught up.

****

sorry for the poo chapter;

sorry for it being short;

i'll make it longer.

how do you guys feel about  'Michael Clifford the busdriver?"; ahah lol

uhhhh

goal-10 reads

5 votes

2 comments

see ya later; buzzers