Chapter Seventy Four

Kelley's POV

"Stop pacing and let me see how you look!" Alex exclaims as I stop and stand in front of her. Tonight, Morgan and I were going out on a date which was going to be a surprise for her and I wanted tonight to be perfect. 

Tonight, I was going to propose to her because I have waited for years to be with this girl and I know that I will never find someone who loves me just as much as Morgan does. I grab the ring from the drawer in and opened up the small velvet box and stared at the ring I was going to give her.

"What if she doesn't like it?" I ask as I close the ring and let out a sigh.

"Relax, Kels. She is going to love it. She loves you and you love her so I don't think a ring will define how much you love her." Alex says with a smile. "And you look great." She adds with a wink.

I let out a small laugh as I look at my own reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a simple blue strapless dress with white sandals to go with it. I let out another sigh as I started heading for the door.

"Just don't mess it up, Kels!" Alex says as I open the door. I let out another small laugh as I walk into the kitchen where I already see Morgan. I stand there for a moment, in awe at how beautiful she looked.

She was wearing a white dress with sandals and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

"Hey." I say as I hug her from behind and I could feel her leaning into me. "You look beautiful tonight." I whisper in her ear and she turns herself around to face me.

"So do you." She says with a wink and I grab her hand and squeeze it.

"You ready?" I ask and she nods. Hand in hand, we walk to my car and I start the drive to the beach. The drive there was silent and the entire time, I could feel Morgan's thumb rubbing circles over my hand and I absolutely loved that feeling.

We got to the beach and walked out onto the sand as we intertwined our hands together. I lead her to a spot on the beach that had a blanket laid out as well as food, candles, and a bottle of wine. I had to give Alex a lot of credit for helping me set this up.

"Wow, Kelley. This is beautiful." Morgan says as we both sit down on the blanket that was spread across the sand. On top of that, it was a beautiful night. No clouds filled the sky as the sun was starting to set with pink and purple colors reflecting off of the ocean's water.

"Not as beautiful as you." I say as I smile at her and she smiled back at me. We ate and talked about anything that we put our minds too and I found that I was really enjoying myself. I was starting to get nervous as we both stood up to walk along the beach.

"Kelley, thank you for this. I loved it and I love you." Morgan says as she gently swings our hands back and forth. I take a deep breath as I stop walking and I turn to face her.

"Morgan, I want you to know that I love you and I want to marry you because I want you to be the person that I wake up to every morning. The first time I saw you  I didn't know where life was going to take us and I didn't know that you were going to be the person I was going to love for the rest of my life..."

I get down on one knee and Morgan covers her face with her hand making no noise at all. I pull out the ring and open the box and she gasps with tears forming in her eyes

"... Marry me. And we will grow old together and make memories together for the rest of our lives. Marry me because I love you. Marry me because I am in love with you. Marry me and we can do the craziest things together on Friday nights. Marry me and we can stay in bed for the entire day wrapped in each others arms... So, what do you say Morgan Brian? Will you marry me?"