Chapter Thirty Six

Morgan's POV

I woke up in Kelley's arm and I smiled at the memories from last night. I breathed in the air in the room feeling somewhat relieved. It was one of the first times that I ever slept peacefully and it meant a lot to me. I felt that I was at peace and I loved this feeling.

I turned my head and looked at Kelley who had her eyes closed. Her chest was rising up and down in slow, steady breaths and she looked so peaceful and so beautiful. It honestly scared me that Kelley, the girl sleeping next to me, had a part of me. She was in my life and I knew that she was going to be permanent. Well, I hoped she would be.

I keep on forgetting how much older she was than me. It was only 5 years, it wasn't much, was it? Every single time I look at her I would feel a sense of hope that there is happiness. That maybe one day, I can be happy. And I was so ready for that day to come.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Coach O'Hara.

"Morning." She mumbled as her eyes slowly fluttered open with a small smile forming on her face.

"Morning." I say with a smile as I move the hair away from her face.

"You look like you're in a good mood." She says while turning to face me.

"That's because I'm in bed with the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

"You're so corny but it's cute." Kelley says with a small laugh as she gives me a peck on the lips.

"Tell me about your family." I say as I find her hand underneath the covers and lock our hands together. I could feel her thumb rubbing circles on the top of my hand and it was soothing. I loved when she did that.

"Well, they didn't expect me to be the kind of person I am now. Back then, I was shy. I didn't interact with people, I never went to sleepovers. I guess that my parents didn't think I would be the first to move out of the house and go to college. I have my two siblings, Jerry and Erin and my parents thought they would be the first to explore the world but it was me and it kind of shocked them." Kelley says with a chuckle.

"And then I became a professional soccer player and at the point they thought I lost my mind because they expected me to be a doctor or what not but I proved them wrong. I wanted to be something they didn't want me to be, but during the 2012 olympics, they finally accepted me for the person I was."

"Do you love your family?" I ask.

"Absolutely." Kelley says with a smile and then it went silent between the two of us. She had a life that I always wanted. Siblings, parents who cared about her, and most importantly, the choice to be who they want. She had it all.

"Am I the first girl you've ever liked?" I ask and that question seemed to have grabbed her attention.

"Honestly, yes. Before I started coaching, I've had many soccer camps and yes I did think some girls were pretty but since I moved out here, you stood out from everyone else. Growing up, my parents forced me and pressured me into a relationship with Logan so I didn't really have a choice." Kelley says as she lets out a sigh.

"Do you want to stay here?" Kelley asked me out of the blue.

"I don't know... I don't want to see my mom."

"Then you can stay." Kelley says with a warm smile as she wraps her arms around me.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Positive."

*

Ever since she offered to let me stay in her home, we spent a lot more time with each other. We told each other secrets, got to know more about each other. It was amazing. I never thought we would get this far.

We have known each other for 5 months and we had fallen pretty hard. I don't seem to understand why I fell for her or why she fell for me but it just happened. I kept telling myself it was fate or maybe it was just true love.

Maybe we were always meant to be together.