Chapter Forty Seven

Kelley's POV

When you're in love with someone, you can't fall out of love with that person. You're dedicated and committed to this person that loving them is the only feeling you feel towards them. Not hate, anger, betrayal, none of those. Just love.

And that's exactly how I felt with Morgan but that's not all that I felt. I missed her, I miss her every single day that I am not with her and it's been so long since I last seen her and spoken to her that I forgot what it was like to stare into her hazel colored eyes. I forgot what it felt like to have her hand on my thigh and feeling all of those sparks go through my entire body.

I was back in camp with the USWNT and I was so familiar with everything that we did. Honestly, it felt good to be back in this routine but I was still overwhelmed. I left Morgan just to be back with the USWNT and every time I wake up in the morning I feel like I betrayed her because I did.

I betrayed the person that I loved most and no one will ever understand. Not even Alex and she's my best friend.

I heard a knock on my door and Alex walked into the hotel room that we shared. We were always roommates and today for some reason, I needed her company.

"Hey Kels." She says as she lays on my bed and props herself up onto her elbow. "What's wrong?" She asks as she sits up straight and I could feel her eyes on me. I let out a sigh as I looked back down at the picture of Morgan and I.

"I miss her, Alex. I really do and I try forgetting and I've tried to move on but she's always on my mind."

Alex let out a sigh as she crawled onto the bed next to me and wrapped her arm around me, pulling me into her.

"Try calling her." Alex suggests but I shake my head no.

"I've already tried that, she hasn't answered." I say with a sigh as I look at my phone for any voicemails or text message but there was nothing. It broke my heart seeing no messages from her and I've considered going old school by writing letters to her but I figured she would just burn them.

"I don't know what to say..." Alex says as she looks at me with a weary smile.

"There's nothing to say, Alex." I say with a small smile as I stand up and let out a sigh. "C'mon we have practice." I say as I pull Alex up to her feet and we head down to the lobby with the rest of the team for practice.

Practice felt like a drag. I was distracted for what reason I don't know. I guess people have those bad days but I didn't really have a bad day, I was just thinking about Morgan.

We haven't talked in months and I don't know how she is or what she's doing. And I want to know, that's really all I want to know. I want to know if she's okay and most importantly I want to know if she's happy.

I also wonder if she has found someone else, someone who won't betray her like I did. Someone who won't hurt her and break her heart. And I only wished that I was that person and I felt ashamed knowing that I put my soccer career before the person that I loved.

I never thought that the person I would fall in love with would be a girl, I always thought it would be Logan until Morgan came around and something drew me to her and to this day I can't seem to figure out what it was that made her stick out from everyone else.

She was perfect.

Since I got to New York I've tried many times to try and move on and forget about Morgan but it wasn't possible. I drank away the pain that still laid inside me thinking that drinking would solve my problems but no matter how much I drank, I still thought about Morgan.

You don't get to chose who you fall in love with, it's destiny that does. And I know that Morgan and I were supposed to end up together but now, I didn't think it was possible and that's what broke me.

After practice, the team went out for dinner but I decided to stay back considering that I needed some time alone.

I sat on my bed and nothing but silence filled the air and it was relaxing. It gave me some time to breathe and gather my thoughts. Thoughts of being with Morgan but that wasn't possible anymore.

Then I heard a knock on my door and I figured it would be Alex. I slowly got up and walked to the door and my jaw dropped when I swung the door open.

"..."