Chapter Seventy Three

Morgan's POV

I woke up the next morning wrapped in Kelley's arms and it was a feeling that I didn't realize i missed. Moments later, her eyes slowly fluttered open and I was back to looking at the pair of eyes that I fell in love with the first time that I met her.

"Hey." She whispered as she leaned over me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey." I say back as I rest my head on her bare chest. We laid in silence for a while but it was the most peaceful thing that I could ever imagine.

"You were happy with Chloe, Morgan. Why did you choose her over me?" Kelley asks me and I guess I was expecting her to ask me this question.

"Because there's a part of me that's going to be in love with you for the rest of my life. I liked Chloe, but it would never compare to how much I love you and I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize that you're the person I am always going to be in love with."

"I love you  and I am so happy you're here." Kelley whispered into my ear. 

We both finally got out of bed and she went to use the bathroom and I slowly made my way downstairs where I saw Alex making waffles in the kitchen. She doesn't know I am here yet so I was kind of nervous. It didn't take long for her to turn around and realize that I was standing in the kitchen.

"Morgan?" Alex said with her raspy voice as she laid down the spatula that was in her hand. "What are you doing here?"

"So I could be with the person that I love." I say nervously as I shift uncomfortably on my feet. A smile broke on Alex's face as she walked over to me and wrapped me into a hug.

"What about Chloe?" She asks and I just shrug my shoulders.

"My heart has always been with Kelley and it wasn't fair to Chloe." I say with a sigh but Alex flashed yet another smile at me.

"So you're fully aware that there's a girl upstairs with freckles that is completely and insanely in love with you?" Alex asked as she crossed her arms.

"Yes, I am aware, thank you." I say with a small laugh as I sit at the kitchen table and Alex sets down a stack of waffles on a plate. I look around the kitchen and instantly remember when Kelley first made me breakfast in here. That was when I was running away from my abusive mom and that was also when Kelley and I barely knew each other.

But, that was also the first day that someone showed me that they cared about me. All the car rides that she gave me before that was all because she felt bad for me and I guess that's how it was with everyone in my life.

But when she made me breakfast, nothing could beat that feeling that someone genuinely cared about you. I can remember that day perfectly and now, it was amazing to see how far I've come and to see how our relationship has progressed since that day.

"Hey." Kelley says as she sits down at the kitchen table next to me. She smiled at me before helping herself to some waffles that Alex made. Breakfast was honestly pretty fun. We talked about things and were able to catch up on things that we have missed out on ever since we blocked each other out of our lives.

"So, when's the wedding?" Alex asked and my heart skipped a beat.

"Alex." Kelley says and I could see that her face was starting to redden.

"What? You two are meant to be together and true love comes along so rarely. And I have never seen two people so in love before." Alex says with a satisfied look on her face.

"Alex, we just got together. Morgan just came in last night." Kelley says and she shot me a nervous look but I just gave her a small smile. I take a deep breath as I excused myself and walked up the stairs to the bathroom.

Marriage. It was almost like a bad word. I could remember my mom telling me that I should never get married and that no guy or no one in general would ever love me for who I was. But what Alex had told me earlier, she loves me. Kelley is in love with me and it's hard to find someone who loves you like that.

I wasn't afraid of marriage, hell, I wanted to marry Kelley. What I was scared of is the fact that she will realize that I wasn't worth it. I was scared that she would leave me. I'm scared of love and loving her. I have been so protective of my heart because I didn't want to be hurt because a broken heart hurts more than physical pain.

I was scared of loving Kelley O'Hara.