Chapter Twenty Nine

Kelley's POV

Morgan left because she told me she had work. I was about to go and ask her if she needed a ride but she was already gone. I thought a lot about Morgan and she was just so... amazing.

I was upset that today was technically the last time we saw each other until our one week break but I didn't want today to be the only day. I wanted to see her more, I never wanted her to be alone.

I let out a sigh as I climbed into my car and began driving home but the entire drive there all I could think about was Morgan. With to many thoughts going through my mind, I pulled over to the side of the road and I took a deep breath as I rested my head on the steering wheel. What was I doing? What was I getting myself into?

I slammed my fist against the wheel in frustration knowing that I made a mistake. I honestly didn't care about the risks of being with one of my players, I cared about Morgan. She was all I ever cared about and I hated the thought of not being around her. I always felt the need to know where she was or what she was doing just to make sure she was safe.

Most importantly, I wanted her to be happy. That is literally all I ever wanted and holding her fragile body in my arms made me realize how much pain she was going through day in and day out and it pained me. I hated seeing her unhappy and in pain, all I wanted was to see her smile but I was convinced that she won't be smiling in a while.

I did make a mistake on going back with Logan, it was wrong, so wrong. I felt nothing for him and I felt bad. I couldn't marry him, there was no way because I no longer loved him, it was Morgan that I loved. And no matter how many times I tried telling myself that I wasn't in love with her it didn't work.

No, I wasn't in love with Morgan Brian was I? I wasn't 100% sure that I was in love with her but I know that I loved her and that was all there was.

Finally I pulled back onto the road and instead of heading back home, I turned around and went to downtown St. Simons Island. I decided to walk around and once it started getting late out, I drove to the corner store that Morgan worked at.

I was just on time when I saw her locking the door and flipping the open sign to closed. I got out of my car and leaned on the hood of my car as she made her way outside. When she saw me, she stopped dead in her tracks and we locked gazes.

"Thought I would give you a ride." I say as I stand up straight. All Morgan did was nod as we both climbed into my car and I began driving her home. It was silent and there was a slight tension in the air but to see her by my side was relieving.

I got to her house and I pulled into her driveway.

"Thanks... for everything today." She said as she unbuckled her belt and as she turned to open the door, I turned her head so she could face me.

"Morgan... I wanted you to know that... I care about you. I really, really do."

"I know." Morgan says with a small smile.

"I saw you eyeing my ring today and I know you're mad but you know that we can't be together. It just won't work. This is about my job and I don't want to lose it and I want you to understand that."

"You don't love him though. He may be a great guy but you don't love him, Kelley." Morgan says as she looks down.

"You don't know that." I say. Face palm. She was right, I didn't love him anymore, it was Morgan who I loved but I couldn't tell her that. I didn't want to break her heart, I didn't want to hurt her.

"I know that you feel something between us, and I'm pretty sure that we feel the same thing for each other but you're just too scared to admit it. That's the thing... you're scared." Morgan says and with each word she said it was like a bullet going through my heart.

"Morgan, don't do this.-"

"Tell me you feel the same way."

"I have every reason to be scared, Morgan! If someone sees us together I can lose my job. What do you not understand about that?" I asked and I felt bad for raising my voice.

"You can't fake being in love with someone." She had a point, a very good point.

"I don't want to hurt you Morgan and I know this sucks but I am your coach." I finally say.

"I let you into my life for a reason, not for you to step all over my heart like a door mat." Morgan says and I felt tears beginning to form in my eyes as she stepped out of my car, closing the door behind her.

Why do I keep messing this up?

***

Enjoy this story? Comment your thoughts and opinions!

Thanks for reading! I read all of your guys comments and they always make me laugh! Love you all!