Chapter Twenty Five

Kelley's POV

I was so tempted to call out her name to bring her back to me but I stopped myself. I felt like an awful person for letting her go and just dropping everything and I knew that it was for the best. I was a retired USWNT player, yes I had good money and everything, but I didn't want to risk losing this job as a college soccer coach.

This is exactly where I wanted to be when I retired and I couldn't ruin that. I was happy here and to me, that was important. But really, there was only one person who made me happy and that was Morgan Brian.

I was mad at myself for the way I treated her today, she didn't deserve that and I literally felt so broken and alone inside. I just didn't know what to do. I wiped a tear that I didn't know was rolling down my cheek. I got into my car and sat there, not knowing what to do or where to go.

I needed to keep my mind off of Morgan, find someone else to be with because I know I couldn't be with her. It would be wrong too. So, I drove to the place that I knew I could be with someone who cared about me.

When I got there, I parked the car and got out. With my hands shoved into the pockets of the jacket I was wearing, I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. It took a few seconds before the door finally swung open.

"Kelley?"

"Hey, Logan." I say. He smiles at me as he opens the door, allowing me to go in. I looked around the apartment that he shared with one of his best friends and it was rather nice.

"What's up?" He asked as I followed him inside the house as he led me towards the couch.

Honestly, I had know idea why I was here.

"I... I miss you." I finally say.

"Kelley..."

"No, I do. And I'm sorry about everything, the engagement,and just everything." I say as I look away from his gaze.

"Kelley, what is this about?" Logan asks me. I took a deep breath. This is what I need and I know that this is how it should have been. I should have never fallen for Morgan because I knew how wrong it was in the first place. She was 5 years younger than me, I was her coach, she was a senior in college. I was literally almost thirty. It was so wrong.

"Logan... Ask me again." I say as I look into his blue eyes that I was once in love with.

"Ask you what? Kelley, tell me what this is about." Logan says. I closed my eyes and I took a deep breath. I knew that this was going to change everything for me, I knew that I was never going to be with Morgan, it was just never going to happen.

I took another deep breath.

"Ask me to marry you." I finally say. Logan looks at me. He gently moved the hair away from my face as he pulled something out of his pocket. He got down on one knee and opened it the small , revealing the same ring he gave me last time.

"Kelley O'Hara, will you marry me?" He asked with hope in his eyes.

"Yes." I say breathlessly as he slips the ring onto my finger and he gently pressed his lips against mine. They were nothing like Morgan's, but I kissed him back. He pulled away and he smiled at me.

"What made you-"

"Things weren't going to work out with the girl, I was just... confused." I say as we lock gazes. "You kept the ring with you?"

"Of course, because if you ever came back I wanted to be ready." Logan says. This time, I kissed him and I pushed him on the couch so he was laying down. I climbed on top of him and like the many times we had sex, I began pulling my clothes off and his too.

I pulled away from him as I rested my head on his chest, trying to regain my breath.

"You love me?"He asked.

"I do."