Chapter Six

Morgan's POV

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Kelley said with a smile as she stood up and swung her bag over her shoulder.

I stood up and looked down at my coach.

"I'll be there." I say back.

With that, Kelley left and it was just me. Like always. I let out a long sigh as I grabbed my bag and walked home.

When I got home, I laid on my bed and thought about Kelley O'Hara. She was my coach and she was the reason why I was able to get through every single day.

I thought about her beautiful brown eyes and how they brought me a sense of comfort. I realized that everyday I came to practice because I wanted to see her, I wanted to be with her.

I was slowly developing feelings towards my own coach who was five years older than me but those are just numbers.

The way Coach O'Hara said my name and the way she looked into my eyes always made butterflies fly around in my stomach. She had such a great impact on me and she's shown me that she cared.

Coach O'Hara cared about me.

I shook the thoughts away from my head, all of a sudden I head some loud noises coming from downstairs.

My heart was pounding.

I slowly got up and walked down the stairs, I saw that all the lights were turned off because I left it that way. I went into the kitchen until suddenly I was hit by something hard.

I fell to the floor and saw my mom standing over me. She grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and I was hit from behind.

There was someone else in my house, not just my mom. Then the light turned on and some guy I didn't recognize was standing over me.

With his bare hands he picked me up and slammed me against the wall. He had a rope and he tied my hands so I couldn't fight back.

Smart of him.

He then began to punch me in the stomach and ribs countless of times until I couldn't breathe. I coughed up blood and fell to the floor.

This was my breaking point.

I looked up and saw my mom just watch me suffer. What kind of mom would watch their kid suffer?

"Do something!" I yell at my mom but she doesn't move.

With one last kick in the ribs my mom and the strange man left. I was alone again.

Tears rolled down my cheeks from the pain I felt and from the hatred I felt towards my mom and my own life.

What did I do to deserve this? I cried until tears no longer formed in my eyes. I couldn't even cry anymore because I cried out all of my tears.

I grabbed my phone which managed to slip out of my pocket while the guy beat me. I scrolled through my contacts and found Coach O'Hara's number.

I press it and with the third ring, she answered.

"Morgan?"

"Kelley... I need help." I plead. I turn away from the phone to cough out more blood.

"Where are you?" Kelley asked and I can hear the concern in her voice. She did care about me.

I told her my address and she hung up. She sounded like she was in a panic. I laid on the floor unable to move. With every punch the guy laid on me, every ounce of energy was taken from me.

I heard a knock on the door minuets later and I nearly jumped. My heart stared racing again. What if it was my mom and that guy again? What if he came back to finish me off?

I squeezed my eyes shut as the door slowly opened.

"Morgan?" I hear someone say. I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and I jumped.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed. I looked up and my eyes widened when I saw Coach O'Hara next to me.

She came. She really came.

"Morgan, oh my gosh who did this to you?" She asked me as she untied the rope that tied my hands together.

I felt my entire body begin to tremble. I was to weak to move, to weak to speak.

Tears formed in my eyes and they slowly rolled down my cheek.

No one has ever seen me at my worse.

"No, it's okay." Coach O'Hara said as she put all of my body weight against her.

"It's okay."