Chapter Fifty

Kelley's POV

"Kelley, wake up! We have early practice today!." I hear Alex say. It took me a while before I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "C'mon!" 

"I'm up!" I say as I get out of bed and use the bathroom. I wash my face with cold water and look at my reflection in the mirror. I still can't believe I barged into Morgan and Christen's room. I thought I had what it took to gain Morgan's trust and to prove to her that I still loved her. 

But I lost my words the moment I stepped into her room.

Honestly, it was embarrassing but it was over and today was of course, a new day. It was another opportunity to make things right and hopefully this time around, I'll know what to say. Alex and I walk to the practice field where the rest of the team was. I looked over and saw Morgan talking to JJ and Christen and for some reason I felt jealous because I only wished she was the one talking to me.

I found myself the entire practice getting distracted because the only person I could focus on was Morgan. I turned over the ball once again and finally Alex pulled me aside.

"Are you okay?" She asks as she lays a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah." I say as I glance over at Morgan who was tying her shoes and that's when I noticed that she still wore the cleats that I gave to her on her birthday and a small smile formed on my face. Alex met my gaze and shook me.

"You need to stay focused, Kels. Don't let her be a distraction, you're better than this." Alex says as she pats me on the back and runs off to her position. Jill blew the whistle to continue our scrimmage and I played a little bit better than before but I couldn't keep my eyes off of Morgan.

I caught her stealing a few glances at my direction and her face grew red every time and honestly... it was cute. Kling subbed in for me and this time I was able to watch Morgan and it was amazing seeing how graceful she was on the field.

Ever since I first coached her, she was always fun to watch. Her feet moved in crazy ways and she was just so good with the ball. 

Finally, Jill gave her whistle a long blow signaling the end of practice. I placed some soccer equipment away into the storage closet and just as I was about to leave the closet I heard Morgan's familiar voice coming from the other side.

From behind the closet door, I looked over and saw Morgan walking with JJ. And right as they were going their separate ways I pulled Morgan into the closet and quickly closed the door and I made sure I locked it.

"What the hell?" She asks as she reaches for the door handle but I block her from it.

"You said you wanted me to prove it to you... well here." I crash my lips against hers and I could tell she was surprised until she finally kissed me back. She gently pushed me against the door and slipped my practice jersey over my head and tossed it on the ground while I did the same for her.

I pulled away to catch my breath and I pressed my forehead against Morgan. She was breathing hard and I looked at her and she had her eyes closed but she looked so beautiful and I felt so... happy. To feel her lips against mine brought me this feeling that I couldn't quite explain but I loved it.

"I love you, Morgan and I know that I may have hurt you but I never meant to. I would never hurt you because really all I want to do is protect you from anything and everything and god Morgan I love you. I always have, from the moment I first met you I have loved you and there is simply no one else in this world that I could possibly love."

Morgan looked at me with tears forming in her eyes.

"I've been waiting for you to say that." She whispers as she presses her lips against mine with one hand around my waist and the other tangled in my hair. I pulled away again.

"I love you." I whisper into her ear.

"Say that again."

"I love you, Morgan." I whisper into her ear again as I press my lips against hers.