Chapter Thirty Five

Morgan's POV

"What? What now?" I ask Kelley but she didn't say anything. I rolled my eyes making sure that she saw and continued walking.

"I want you, Morgan." She says and I stop walking. I slightly turn my head but I look down at the ground to show her that I was listening.

"I know I do and I want to be with you but-"

"You don't know what we are yet, do you?" I ask as I walk back towards her.

"No... but being with you is something that I want. I know how you feel because I feel the same way and I want you to know that." Kelley says and I smile at her.

"We'll figure this out, okay?" I say while grabbing her hand. She squeezed my hand and I felt a bit relieved as she smiled back at me.

"I'll drive you home." She says and with that, we both climbed into her car and she drove me back home.

I glanced over at Kelley who had her eyes glued to the road. She was exactly the person that I needed in my life and I knew that if I had her, I wouldn't need anyone else. I have known her for at least 4 months and she already captured a big part of me and that was different for me because I didn't trust many people.

But I trusted her.

When she pulled up into her driveway I saw that my front door was open and I knew exactly who it was. "My mom is home." I say feeling ashamed and embarrassed for some reason.

"What do you want to do?" Kelley asks as she looks me in the eyes.

"Get away from here... I don't want to see her." I say as I look out the car window. I didn't know where we were going until we got there. She pulled up into her driveway and I stared up at her house never realizing how big it actually was.

"You coming?" She asks. I nod as I follow her inside her house. I've been here twice but I never really got the full picture of her house but this time, I was. Her house smelled nice and refreshing, I felt like I was at home and I haven't felt this feeling of home in such a long time and I loved it.

*

That night she cooked me dinner and I showered in her guest bathroom while she was in the master bath. I was naked in her house and I assumed that she was to and the thought brought chills running down my spine. I was nervous, was she going to ask me to sleep in her bed? Or was I going to end up in her guest bedroom, alone?

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I let my damp hair fall past my shoulders as I pulled it out of the towel. With the spare toothbrush that she gave me, I brushed my teeth and I could feel my hands shaking. Why was I so nervous? Was I scared that Kelley was going to get up and leave me in the dark like everyone else?

No, she wouldn't do that to me.

I finally stepped out of the bathroom and I went towards her bedroom. I pushed the door open and I saw Kelley laying on her bed while reading a book. She looked up at me.

"Feel any better?" She asked and I nodded my head as I stared back at her unable to look away from her beauty. She smiled at me as she set her book down and patted the empty side of her bed. I crawled onto her bed and she turned on her side while I sat cross legged looking down at her.

"Do you want to talk? About you mom?" She asks me and I let out a sigh.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Are you sure?"

"She's a drug addict, okay?" I say not wanting to talk about my mom anymore. Kelley looked at me with sorrow in her eyes. She pulled me into her and immediately our lips met and I felt my heart explode and I loved this feeling. Her hand tangled in my hair, pulling my face closer to her as she attempted to comfort me.

I pressed myself against her, and I forgot that we were even talking about mom. I felt her lips move a little to the side of my mouth, then my jaw. She crawled on top of me and she began straddling my hips and her hands held my face towards hers.

"Morgan..." She whispered into my ear.

"What?" I ask as I pull away to catch my breath. She looked down at me and I stared into her hazel eyes.

"I'm sorry about everything you've been through.. I don't know what's going to happen between the two of us... But I don't want you to think that I'm going to leave you because I'm not. I care about you... I care about us."

"I don't need pity, Kelley."

"It's not pity. It's just that I really really care about you and I..."

"And I what?" I ask, anxiously waiting for her to finish her sentence.

"Nothing." Kelley says as she just smiles at me. She presses her lips against mine and she rolls off of me. "Good night." She whispers as she pulls me close to her.