I

Detroit, Michigan...

Omniscient

CHAPTER ONE

AALIYAH BOBBED her head along to some EnVogue around her room as she dumped everything she needed including socks, underwear, clothes Etc into her large suitcase and flapped open on her bed. Today was the today her uncle Barry was gonna fly her out to Rochester New York, to finally meet up with Jodeci's heartthrob and producer DeVante Swing and sing to him and hopes of impressing him and knocking him off his feet with her singing and maybe then he would want to work with her and create her album.

    Yup that was the plan

      "I still can't believe you are going all the way to New York, and to work with DeVante Swing ugh... That man is so sexy omg... you are so lucky girl with eyes and a face like that he can do whatever he wants to me..... Jasmine sang and fell backward into the bed like she was fainting.

"Girl with hormones like yours, I believe you. Aaliyah laughed tossing a hair brush and comb into her suitcase. And technically I'm not working with anybody just yet. My Uncle says I have to sing something for him to knock his shades off of his face. I guess to him Unc is just bluffing about my voice.

  "Bluffing my butt girl it was your singing and talent that won us the talent show last year remember.

  "It was a team effort. She smacked her teeth taking a glimpse over at the gold trophy that sat on the dresser. She her and girlfriends decided to sing En Vogue for the school talent show last year and surprisingly they ended up coming in the first place. It was one of the greatest days of her life next to singing and competing on Star Search. Although she didn't win.

  "Doesn't matter if he passes up a chance to work with you then he's stupid as hell of course he's fine as hell but stupid as hell at the same time.

     "You a trip you know that. The teen chuckled.

      "Girl stop fronting like you wouldn't lick the hell out that man Abs.

      I chuckled and roll my eyes taking a brisk look over the many posters I had on my wall, a few of them being Kid & Play, another of Michael Jackson during the BAD era, one of the sexiest white boys Joey Lawrence in my opinion, and a majority of them being Jodeci and considerably being DeVante Swing being front and center. I secretly had the biggest crush on him and possibly meeting with him today made my legs feel like jelly ready to go limp because they keep trembling. This was really happening right now.

       "Maybe. I joked. As beautiful as that sounds though I'm sure he's used to hella females throwing themselves at him. As long as he doesn't get it twisted and thinks I'm doing anything freaky just so he can work on my album. I'm strictly about the business.