sixteen

Once Jacob and Troye had managed to stop sobbing, Troye reluctantly climbed from Jacob's lap and out of the vehicle. The agent simply took Troye's hand in his own and pulled Troye into the house where they kicked off their shoes and climbed straight into Jacob's bed. Troye tucked himself into Jacob's arms, his face pressed into the younger man's chest.

They were quiet for quite some time, but Jacob eventually took a deep and shaky breath, "You... you should run away."

Troye stiffened, pulling back in surprise, "What?"

"Yeah," Jacob swallowed hard, examining Troye's face. "I can't turn you in if you're not here."

"Jacob," Troye shook his head. "No. No, I've still done wrong. Stealing is always wrong no matter where the money goes. I'm not sorry that I... helped them? I'm just sorry that I've fucked up everything else I had going for me."

"Please?" Jacob whispered. "You can escape, no one will ever find you, I-"

"I'd miss you," Troye admitted. "And besides... you'll get a lot of recognition when you turn me in. One of England's most wanted, yeah?"

"No," Jacob replied softly, repeating Troye's words from the day before. "The one that I wanted most. The one I still do want."

Troye instantly snuggled closer into Jacob again, mumbling into his neck, "Then I really can't run away. Not if you want me."

"What if I want you to run away?" Jacob tried. "I just... Troye, I don't want you to go to prison! I know I'm always saying that I can get you out of it or get you the shortest time in the best place London has, but... what if I can't?"

"Then whenever I get out," Troye shrugged. "If you haven't long forgotten about me... I'll come see you and we can try to... I don't know, become even closer than we are now?"

Jacob pressed a gentle kiss to the top of Troye's head, breathing in the scent of the younger boy, "Nobody told me today was going to be this emotional. If... if today was emotional, then Wednesday-"

"I don't think it'll be bad," Troye soothed, although he was just as worried. "You'll take me in, you and Adam or Jedidiah will have to question me, and then I'll probably be put in a cell in local prison before I attend court to decide how long I have to be there."

"They'll probably just want me to give them the file, that's usually what I do with cases. But... I'm going to this trial. I'm not letting you get more than a year in jail. If that. Preferably no jail at all."

Troye kissed Jacob's neck in response, tucking his feet between Jacob's ankles like usual. Jacob didn't complain like he normally would, but instead slung an arm around Troye and stroked softly at the back of his head. The younger man sighed, mumbling against Jacob's collarbone, "Do you think Tina and the kids will be alright?"

"Oh yeah," Troye instantly assured, feeling his heart clench up. Troye didn't belong in prison. He couldn't let Troye go to prison. "You helped them, Robin Hood."

"I wasn't that extreme..." Troye protested weakly. "I was Robin Hadley."

"You're too cute..." Jacob said softly. "Stay with me forever."

"As soon as I can, I will," Troye agreed. "If you'll still have me."

"Of course."

Troye felt lips in his hair again, pressing soft kisses, and his hands subconsciously tightened in Jacob's shirt. He didn't want to upset Jacob, but he was terrified of leaving the quaint little house. Jacob felt safe, was safe. And prison would not be. Troye stiffened then, "Nick Grimshaw..."