twelve

Troye woke up curled on his side, and he was positively sweating. At some point during the night, Jacob had completely turned onto his side as well and had sidled up behind the smaller man, spooning him. Yet the curly haired agent was also clutching onto Troye tightly, his nose buried into the youger man's neck and his hair tickling Troye's cheek. The man's long body was radiating the most intense heat, and Troye couldn't escape.

He squirmed as nonchalantly as he could, trying to escape the arms wrapped around him and trying not to hurt the older man's chest, but then the arms tightened and Jacob inhaled deeply before sighing his thumb stroking across the bare skin of Troye's chest since his clinging arms had pushed up the grey cotton of his t-shirt, "Morning..."

"Hi," Troye murmured. "I'm going to get sweat on you."

"Well with the past two days, that isn't anything new."

"No," Troye tried again. "I mean you're a fucking space heater. I'm being smothered."

Jacob laughed, cuddling closer, "You're soft... your skin I mean."

Troye thought for a moment, but then tried to crane his head back to look at the other agent, "How are you not hurting your chest?"

Jacob pressed a kiss between Troye's eyes, making him go cross-eyed for a few moments, "My chest isn't so bad today. My abdomen still hurts, but that I can deal with. My chest effected how I breathed, my shoulders, my arms..."

"Well that's good," Troye murmured, but then smirked. "Jacob-shelled Agent Bixenman, takes in thieves and cuddles them until they have a heatstroke."

"Just the cute, tiny, jewellery thieves," Jacob sighed, but he released Troye, rolling onto his back with a grunt.

"M'not tiny," Troye grumbled, clumsily climbing off the bed as he stretched. "What do we want for breakfast?"

"Let's just eat cold pizza from the fridge and then we can cuddle some more," Jacob replied, sitting up with a wince and clutching his abdomen.

"If anyone would have told me last week that you liked to cuddle I would have laughed at them," Troye huffed, but then he looked at Jacob in sympathy. "Want me to get you some painkillers?"

"I feel like I've done about three hundred crunches before I was hit by a bus," Jacob declared.

"I'll take that as a yes," Troye gave a curt nod, and then he was hurrying from the room and down the hall to the kitchen. There were still a few dishes in the sink, so he decided to wash them after he put a kettle on. In front of the sink, there was a small window, and Troye opened the blinds just a bit so he could look out. It was cloudy, like always, and he gazed out absentmindedly as he scrubbed at a plate with a soapy sponge.

"Did you get trapped in the refrigerator?" Jacob called to him.

"No, I'm actually washing your dishes, smart ass," Troye called back, but he grinned to himself. His smile quickly faltered, however, as he thought about the previous night. He had almost told Jacob that he loved him. He wanted to tell him. But he didn't want to freak him out, didn't want Jacob to push him away again. He'd gone from wanting to get on Jacob's good side to wanting on Jacob's good side where he could stay there forever.

"You're a great man," Jacob finally laughed loudly, snapping Troye from his thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah," Troye replied loudly. "I'm making you tea, as well."

"I'll try to keep the harassing to a minimum then."

But before he could respond to Jacob, he spotted something moving in the tree line not far from the house. He nearly dropped the bowl he was washing, leaning closer and squinting. It appeared to be a man with dark hair, but he had a scarf to protect himself from the cold and it made his face unidentifiable. The short distance didn't give any support to Troye's vision as well, and the man's height couldn't be determined either. Troye frowned, finding it peculiar. He was about to inform Jacob of the stranger prowling the edge of Jacob woods, but then he recalled a certain news broadcast from the night before, one with a threatening dark haired man who claimed he was going to find Jacob.