eleven

"What's the matter?" Troye asked in concern, reaching to touch Jacob's arm. Jacob shook his head, grabbing at Troye's shirt to prepare to drag him off to wherever he could hide him.

"How far away are they?" Jacob gasped.

"I guess they left like ten minutes ago!" Adam rushed out. "I only just found about it, I-"

"Gotta go, bye."

"Jacob-" Troye tried again, but Jacob none-to-gently tossed his phone onto the coffee table and grabbed Troye's arm, dragging him toward the hall.

"We have to hide you, I-" he muttered frantically, looking in the bathroom, the closet, his room. "But where?! What if they search my house? They'll find you and they'll think you're with Grimshaw and I can't just tell them you aren't because how would I know that?"

"What are you talking about?" Troye was completely lost.

"Agents. They're coming here and they're going to want to bug my house inside and out to watch for Grimshaw. We have to hide you," Jacob explained desperately.

"Under your bed?" Troye asked.

"I'm afraid they'll just... they'll search the place or something, the woods around it. I don't know what to do, Troye!" Jacob tugged a bit too sharply, and then gasped as his chest screamed in protest.

"Stop, stop," Troye murmured, looking around. "I've done this for over a year Jacob, have a little faith. How big are your vents?"

"Absolutely not," Jacob objected. "This house is old, you'll fall right through and into the wall or something. You'd never fit anyway, I don't care how tiny you are."

"Umm," Troye pursed his lips. "Well how much time do they have?"

"Like ten minutes," Jacob ran his hands across his face. "If they think you were targeting me in a life threatening manner they won't let me be involved with your case. They'll send you to jail and I won't get a say on which jail either, they'll probably send you to the absolute worst one ever where-"

"Jacob, I'm pretty sure any jail is going to be the exact same. I'm a gay male going to a place full of hard edged criminals that are so strongly opinioned they're in jail for it. Something tells me that I won't even have to drop soap for people to take advantage of me. Look at me, I'm tiny... and I'm not one to fight back."

"No, to hell with them," Jacob spat. "You're going to go to a jail that has a low crime rate, excellent guards, and they're not going to fucking touch you- why are we having this conversation when we should be hiding you?!"

"Do you trust me?" Troye asked.

"What?" Jacob asked in bewilderment.

"You trust me right?" Troye nodded insistently.

"I let you sleep in my bed, surely you can tell that I-"

Troye darted forward and slammed his lips to Jacob's startling the agent. He held Jacob's face rather than pulling him close by his injured torso, standing on his tip toes for better access, and then he pulled back, "That's for if they catch me. And if they don't catch me... I'll be back. But don't worry, Robin Hood always escapes. Most of the time."

And then Troye was darting away as Jacob yelped, "What?!"

But the man peeked out the front door before he bolted, the door clicking shut behind him as if he wasn't even there in the first place. Jacob scrambled after him, but his chest protested as his muscles tightened. He wrenched open the door, looking around in hopes of seeing Troye, but the thief was gone. And Jacob didn't even know if Troye would come back. He'd said he was coming back, but it could have been just to keep Jacob from being determined to come after him. But for some strange reason, Jacob couldn't bring himself to care that much. Troye would be safe from the other agents that would send him to a horrible prison. He'd catch Troye again, he was sure of it. Or Troye would come to him like the first time, rather. He would definitely see Troye again.