seven

Adam and Jedidiah were staring at the lead agent expectantly while Troye cringed behind him. Jacob racked his brain for some sort of explanation, because he said he could explain, when in all honesty he wasn't even sure himself why he was allowing Troye until Sunday.

"Jacob..." Adam said lowly. "Is your life being threatened? Get that bastard out from behind you."

"You'll have to lower your guns," Jacob swallowed hard, holding his hands out to motion them to put their guns down. "You're probably freaking him out."

"They're freaking me out, I'm fucked, it's over for me-" Troye rambled.

"Shut up," Jedidiah growled, but he slowly lowered his gun to the floor. However, he didn't return it to its position in his holster.

Adam continued to stare distrustfully at the blue eyes peering out from behind Jacob, and Jacob softly said, "Jed, just trust me..."

The dark haired agent lowered his gun so it aimed at the floor, "Alright... now come out from behind Jacob, Mellet. I don't trust you."

Troye didn't make any move to go, so Jacob simply nodded his head forward and glanced back at Troye, "Go on."

"First things first," Adam continued. "Is he here trying to kill you?"

"No," Jacob glanced to the thief cringing into the coats hung on the pegs. "I don't think he's here to do that. Make my entire week hell, maybe, but he's not here to kill me."

"I don't understand what's happening," Jedidiah shook his head, looking worriedly between Jacob and Troye.

"Uh," Jacob motioned to Troye. "He's here... because he said he would help. With the Nick Grimshaw thing. But he's agreed to let me take him in Sunday."

"Jacob..." Adam shook his head, glaring at Troye. "He's not even... what's stopping him from leaving?"

"Well his ankles were handcuffed," Jacob mumbled, feeling intimidated under the stare of his two agents. But then the lead agent inside him came out, and he stood straighter, despite his chests protests. "I took them off to shower because, trust me on this one, he's not going anywhere. For one, he doesn't have the jewellery, that's hidden. And two, we made a deal. So."

"What's the deal?" Jedidiah looked skeptical his hand twitching on his gun. Troye nonchalantly slipped further into the coats.

Jacob scratched at his curls, sucking in a deep breath, "I give him until Sunday, let him take care of what he needs to take care of that day... and he's going to help with anything involving Nick Grimshaw. And Sunday, he's going to come with me willingly and let me turn him in."

"And how can you trust he's not going to bring Nick Grimshaw here?" Adam gave the thief a fierce look.

"Well considering he's saved my ass twice, I think he's trustworthy," Jacob crossed his arms.

"Twice?" Jedidiah looked surprised.

"I wouldn't have worn a vest yesterday if Troye hadn't warned me that Nick would be waiting for us there," Jacob explained. "So I may be extremely bruised still, but I'm not dead."

"Which is good," Troye spoke up.

"Shut up," Adam snapped at him.

"Agent Bixenman, I'm under the impression that your agents hate me," Troye murmured.

"Not helping, Troye," Jacob huffed.

"You're on a first name basis with him?!" Adam croaked.

"We're in such deep shit," Jedidiah groaned, finally putting his gun back into his holster and running his hands over his face.